Tribune Nexstarization

AJClementeFan69

2 hours ago, dman748 said:

Question and maybe @JohnnyNews can answer this.

I've noticed that while KFOR is still on the Tribune pkg however at the bottom of the screen I'm starting to note hints of an eventual graphics change happening to KFOR.

Is it what I'm thinking it is (the NBC Nexstar pkg) or is it a different Nexstar pkg (e.g. KOIN pkg, etc.)?

I do have a screenshot of it but it's over on Discord.

Post it here so I can see it because I’m not on Discord because according to corporate they’re just now starting to work in Oklahoma and they’re really focused on getting something modern in OKC that beats KOCO (the best in the market). 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

Post it here so I can see it because I’m not on Discord because according to corporate they’re just now starting to work in Oklahoma and they’re really focused on getting something modern in OKC that beats KOCO (the best in the market). 

Here's the photo for refrence (I do apologize to the west coast people seeing this as I took this when I was watching Jeopardy! which airs on KFOR here)

Honestly the more I see it the more I think it can't be entirely Nexstar NBC pkg. What this might be looking more and more like a mix of Nexstar NBC and KOIN pkg. or this could be entirely be different. I'll let you weigh in on it.

Screenshot (271).png

45 minutes ago, JCB4TV said:

I took this off the KFOR webstream.

1132172567_2020-10-26(2).thumb.png.51ee3e69af23ca5e2e350f4722d3b66f.png

1 hour ago, dman748 said:

Here's the photo for refrence (I do apologize to the west coast people seeing this as I took this when I was watching Jeopardy! which airs on KFOR here)

Honestly the more I see it the more I think it can't be entirely Nexstar NBC pkg. What this might be looking more and more like a mix of Nexstar NBC and KOIN pkg. or this could be entirely be different. I'll let you weigh in on it.

Screenshot (271).png

That is the standard Nexstar Closings / Severe Weather crawl. These are usually housed within "NewsTicker" or a similar solution, integrated directly into the station website, and fairly simple to install and setup. 

It's the same standard design applied across all stations, with some exceptions. Most of the Nexstar packages are designed around the same common ticker/bug height so it can be easily integrated. I'd say it most closely resembles the look of the CBS package, but I believe it predates that by a few years. 

It's an obvious sign of Nexstarization, but I recall the same thing being brought up a few months ago. More likely, as soon as KFOR switched to the Nexstar website, they launched this crawl package for Closings

4 hours ago, dman748 said:

Screenshot (271).png

Imma tell y’all corporate is not going to start working on KFOR until November. Corporate is saying they’re trying to get them switched over before the holidays. Rn they launched to which Is October 26th and that was WREG (I said a Nexstar station will look new on October 26th.) Anyway Nexstar is now focused on WGNO (still in the air plus they have a hurricane headed there way) and WDKY (Fox Package And new set) 

4 hours ago, JohnnyNews said:

Imma tell y’all corporate is not going to start working on KFOR until November. Corporate is saying they’re trying to get them switched over before the holidays. Rn they launched to which Is October 26th and that was WREG (I said a Nexstar station will look new on October 26th.) Anyway Nexstar is now focused on WGNO (still in the air plus they have a hurricane headed there way) and WDKY (Fox Package And new set) 

I'm guessing the NBC package too.

9 hours ago, JohnnyNews said:

New website will be around Nov 16th for WDKY.

Question is where will they build this new set for WDKY?  Maybe the logo will get changed up, that yellow isn't going to look good with all that red and blue that sinclair launched in 2001.  

15 hours ago, atlnews2 said:

WREG has been Nexstared

I actually like this open! Very upbeat, with time-lapse shots of the Memphis area and "Aerial" as the package! 😀

On 10/2/2020 at 11:59 AM, TheGuru said:

I have a personal hatred for that cut of the CBS Local Package. Out of all the News cuts, they could've done so much better.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, Yankees4life said:

And we get a new theme: CBS Local 

As for WHNT, I don't mind the theme package, but somehow, the graphics, music, and the station's logo somehow do not mesh well together......

9 hours ago, PelicanGuy said:

WGNO is in hurricane mode. Looks like they got new graphics and a new set just in time. 

WGNO screen grab.jpg

I just noticed they managed to put Fleur De Lis accents throughout the studio. A nice custom touch to what is otherwise an in-house job by Nexstar.

EDIT: I like the new digs WHNT rolled out. It looks like they borrowed a lot of ideas from KTVX's set and improved on the design. Well done!

1 hour ago, TexasTVNews said:

Yep I knew this was going on but the Set was delayed to debut on TV. This was supposed to debut when they switched graphics packages.

38 minutes ago, jbnews said:

HOLY CRAP. This beats WGNO by a long shot. They even got robotic cameras!

I am genuinely impressed by and excited for this new Nexstar.

WGNO has robotic cameras in their new set as well.

(according to the corporate paperwork)

7 hours ago, who?cares said:

They've always had robotic cameras. 

Oh, okay.

8 hours ago, JohnnyNews said:

Yep I knew this was going on but the Set was delayed to debut on TV. This was supposed to debut when they switched graphics packages.

WGNO has robotic cameras in their new set as well.

(according to the corporate paperwork)

Has WGNO always had robotic cameras?

Speaking of rebrands, WHNT isn't the only ones that rebranded guess WHO just rebranded? Yeah, them.

Not sure when they did it but after well over a decade in years and through ownership changes "Channel 13 News" is no more.

It's now W-H-O 13 News, Link:

1 hour ago, Samantha said:

They finally got rid of the lingering "HD" in their handle! It happened on Facebook on May 18, by the way.

Plus when WHO got the WISH pkg, they removed the "From WHO-HD, THE Local News Leader." Part of the phrase it's been just simply "From W-H-O, THE Local News Leader." Since last year afaik.

Archived