Tribune Nexstarization

AJClementeFan69

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this WDAF?

2 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

I meant to post this when Nexstar took over a couple of weeks ago.  Says new set.  Not sure where it will go. 

FOX package and a set in the box but Tribune didn't own them Sinclar did.

9 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

Ooops. Sorry if I put in the wrong thread. 

Guess technically Tribune now haha 😉

image.png.2634d5adcd2f11c8fbdbdbd40512783f.png

8 hours ago, JohnnyNews said:

Someone messed up the paperwork.

That's not a typo or an error. Many Nexstar stations that were former Tribune outlets (plus WJZY, and now WDKY) have that licensee name, Tribune Media Company.

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

That's not a typo or an error. Many Nexstar stations that were former Tribune outlets (plus WJZY, and now WDKY) have that licensee name, Tribune Media Company.

Well that’s not right and even Nexstar knows that

Or perhaps because this was a settlement of the whole Sinclair and Tribune fiasco that the licensee name is actually correct.   Otherwise it would not accurately reflect what took place.   Sinclair is correct.

Nexstar could certainly use the Tribune Media name for that station, since they are the legal successor to the company (if I understand right).   But they'll likely "assign" WDKY from Tribune to Nexstar, for license purposes, in due course.

33 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

Well that’s not right and even Nexstar knows that

1 hour ago, TheRyan said:

Nexstar could certainly use the Tribune Media name for that station, since they are the legal successor to the company (if I understand right).   But they'll likely "assign" WDKY from Tribune to Nexstar, for license purposes, in due course.

Under Nexstar's current corporate structure, Tribune Media Company is a subsidiary of Nexstar. Look at page 3 of this PDF, and it shows a graph of their current corporate structure.

I remember when Nexstar completed its Media General merger, Nexstar had MG stations with seventeen different licensee names (i.e., Media General Communications, LIN Television Corporation, Young Broadcasting of Richmond, TVL Broadcasting of Rhode Island, etc.). They did a pro forma reorganizing months after and changed the licensee of each of those stations to Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. 

I'm not sure when they do another restructuring to change those Tribune licensee names to Nexstar, and TTYTT, I can care less if they ever do. Because in the end, these are Nexstar stations, no matter what licensee name each station is. 

38 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I'm not sure when they do another restructuring to change those Tribune licensee names to Nexstar, and TTYTT, I can care less if they ever do. Because in the end, these are Nexstar stations, no matter what licensee name each station is. 

Fox still uses New World Communications for some of their licenses, with Gannett using Pacific & Southern, which most of us have never known as an active company (it was swept into Combined Communications in the early 70s and Gannett purchased Combined in 1979, then they Katamari'ed Multimedia in the 90s, Belo and even King Broadcasting for the KING stations, and everything stayed the same with the spin-off into Tegna). If they keep Tribune as a licensee for years, there won't be a problem; all the mail eventually gets to Nexstar.

• 3 weeks later...

Question and maybe @JohnnyNews can answer this.

I've noticed that while KFOR is still on the Tribune pkg however at the bottom of the screen I'm starting to note hints of an eventual graphics change happening to KFOR.

Is it what I'm thinking it is (the NBC Nexstar pkg) or is it a different Nexstar pkg (e.g. KOIN pkg, etc.)?

I do have a screenshot of it but it's over on Discord.

Archived