Tribune Nexstarization

AJClementeFan69

39 minutes ago, Al-SA-TX said:

They switched back because the school closures part of the Newsroom Solutions Ticker/Prime wasn't/isn't done being built.

That makes sense, KFOR probably doesn't have the Nexstar school/business closings ticker yet but I'm sure that will be implemented at some point

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Uh, being that KIAH has been farming out their news to KTRK, is this indicative that KIAH relaunched their news department?

They're following the WPHL model - their own stuff in the morning with a skeleton crew, and KTRK at night. The AM still appears to be branded Morning Dose.

It sounds like they may be using Canvas, too...

7 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

They're following the WPHL model - their own stuff in the morning with a skeleton crew, and KTRK at night. The AM still appears to be branded Morning Dose.

It sounds like they may be using Canvas, too...

Mike McGuff says the station dropped Morning Dose last week for the new morning show "No Wait Weather and Traffic".

https://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2020/08/nexstar-houston-cw39-houston.html?m=1

28 minutes ago, HoosierNewsie said:

Strange how they’re using that open but the ABC package for everything else...  

In a way it actually makes sense for KIAH to use the ABC Nexstar package considering the fact that KTRK (an ABC O&O) does 9pm news for 39.

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

So then what about there flagship in DFW CW33

All they have local-wise is Morning After at 10am and brief hourly newsbreaks throughout the day.

However, they currently have reruns of Wilkos and Maury from 5-7am, Protection Court and Couples Court reruns at 7am, and Paternity Court double-reruns at 8am. Wouldn't be surprised if that morning show format KIAH has and now KNVA is getting extends to KDAF soon.

16 hours ago, Greggo said:

The KXAN-produced lifestyle show on sister station KNVA (CW Austin) is getting this same treatment later this month. Nonstop weather and traffic. I see a trend, Nexstar. 

I wonder whether this will make its way to Rise & Shine on KAUT.

22 hours ago, Greggo said:

The KXAN-produced lifestyle show on sister station KNVA (CW Austin) is getting this same treatment later this month. Nonstop weather and traffic. I see a trend, Nexstar. 

I think the next logical step is probably going to be Dallas (KDAF) and Oklahoma City (KAUT).

It would not surprise me if those 2 are the next Nexstar stations to adopt this format for their newscasts

44 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Appears KDVR/KWGN went Nexstar.

And using an already crappy FOX ripoff of a Tribune Fox package on a CW affiliate. Just in case you didn't think Denver wasn't Market 68, well now you know. We are now back in 2009 when KDVR and KWGN has the worst market share in their history. Hell, even 2009 looked better.

15 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

And using an already crappy FOX ripoff of a Tribune Fox package on a CW affiliate and brought back INDIE-BAND. Just in case you didn't think Denver wasn't Market 68, well now you know. We are now back in 2009 when KDVR and KWGN has the worst market share in their history. Hell, even 2009 looked better.

You mean Locals Only.

14 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

And using an already crappy FOX ripoff of a Tribune Fox package on a CW affiliate and brought back INDIE-BAND. Just in case you didn't think Denver wasn't Market 68, well now you know. We are now back in 2009 when KDVR and KWGN has the worst market share in their history. Hell, even 2009 looked better.

That's Locals Only - not Indie Band.

Archived