Tribune Nexstarization

AJClementeFan69

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have read in several places recently that ex-Tribune station employees are a month behind in pay, due to trouble with the conversion over to nexstar systems.    Any word on if nexstar is any closer to fixing these issues?? 

17 minutes ago, Working4You said:

Looks like KTVI also switched and KPLR lost its separate web address as it defaults to the page Fox2Now.com. 

This leaves WGN, as far as I know, as the lone holdout for the old Tribune web look. 

KCPQ and WITI said hi.

10 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

KCPQ and WITI said hi.

But they're in the process of being traded to Fox Television Stations. So their Tribune platforms will remain as is for awhile until Fox officially takes over

4 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

But they're in the process of being traded to Fox Television Stations. So their Tribune platforms will remain as is for awhile until Fox officially takes over

If it's happens

11 minutes ago, C Block said:

Okay, I guess I'll have to start paying attention to all things Nexstar now. Looks like KTXL is getting Nexstar graphics soon. Or at least, I think those are Nexstar graphics.

Those are the Nexstar election graphics. They'll keep the WDAF package -- after all, they just got it a few months ago.

1 hour ago, Mrtraveler01 said:

Is it me, or does the Fox 59 logo look different now?

I love the heavier font weight...I never understood why the '59' numbering had to be so slim to begin with, it made it look 'knock-off' somehow.

On 2/25/2020 at 4:42 PM, Working4You said:

Looks like KTVI also switched and KPLR lost its separate web address as it defaults to the page Fox2Now.com. 

Specifically, KPLR's website has been rolled into KTVI's: kplr11.com defaults to https://fox2now.com/kplr/

Seems odd that KPLR's website was made into a subpage of KTVI's, but KWGN wasn't given a subpage of its own when its site was redirected into KDVR's, they just made KDVR.com a joint website for both stations.

3 hours ago, T.L. Hughes said:

Specifically, KPLR's website has been rolled into KTVI's: kplr11.com defaults to https://fox2now.com/kplr/

Seems odd that KPLR's website was made into a subpage of KTVI's, but KWGN wasn't given a subpage of its own when its site was redirected into KDVR's, they just made KDVR.com a joint website for both stations.

Maybe because KWGN and KDVR both have separate identities and imaging... for now.

22 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Is KFOR testing out a new on-air bug or are they getting ready for new graphics?

88303420_533345660629341_5023055464892465152_n.jpg

They could be getting new graphics, or likely keeping their current look, but with some Nexstar flavor added to it (i.e., Nexstar ticker, various other elements).

5 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

They could be getting new graphics, or likely keeping their current look, but with some Nexstar flavor added to it (i.e., Nexstar ticker, various other elements).

In a way I'm actually glad they made on the On-Air bug smaller because clearly it did not match the Nexstar Political L3rds at all.

Archived