Tribune Nexstarization

AJClementeFan69

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears every two-weeks starting Thursday, February 27 will be rollout dates for the remaining Tribune stations until the end of June.

Also, the first group of stations will be getting their websites changed over on Monday.

1 hour ago, Al-SA-TX said:

It appears every two-weeks starting Thursday, February 27 will be rollout dates for the remaining Tribune stations until the end of June.

Also, the first group of stations will be getting their websites changed over on Monday.

Do we know the specifics about which TV stations are going to get their websites changed over?

5 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Do we know the specifics about which TV stations are going to get their websites changed over?

More specifically...there's no point pushing WITI and KCPQ over to Nexstar/Frankly if they're just going to FTS in the next few weeks (and making viewers transition to two different app platforms over two quarters). I have seen that WGN has changed their AMP-optimized stories (or if you click through on social) already to a Nexstar platform.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:11 PM, TheRyan said:

What a mess.  I'm not really liking the way KTVI/KPLR have chosen to go regarding gfx.   For a market like St. Louis, the Fox gfx pkg doesn't meet the caliber for a market that size.  KTVI should've gone with the WISH or WDAF gfx.  Likewise, KPLR should've adopted either the KOIN or even the CBS gfx (if they could swap out the CBS logo in the background for something more generic).

I'm starting to not feel as great about KDVR, because the Fox gfx pkg will not meet the demands for a big market look.  Let's hope they get something better.

Don't get me wrong--I like the Fox gfx pkg.  But that doesn't look nearly as cutting edge when used in a big market.

I'm wondering if KDVR/KWGN will get a unified package.

Unlike their sister counterparts in St. Louis, the Denver duopoly really tried to have separate identities (they still have separate morning shows I believe).

12 minutes ago, Mrtraveler01 said:

I'm wondering if KDVR/KWGN will get a unified package.

Unlike their sister counterparts in St. Louis, the Denver duopoly really tried to have separate identities (they still have separate morning shows I believe).

I truly hope that KDVR/KWGN are allowed to remain seperate.  I think KDVR should get the WISH pkg, something custom, or keep the gfx pkg currently in use.  KWGN would do very well with the KOIN gfx, especially if they were allowed to go back to the 2011 logo (which was far better than what they have now).

Combining the KDVR/KWGN brands would be horrendous, especially for a market the size of Denver.   The Fox gfx pkg will not be a good fit for KDVR, which would (possibly) even be a downgrade from their existing gfx.

But the way the rollout happened in St. Louis has me increasingly concerned about KDVR/KWGN.

1 hour ago, channel2 said:

They do still have separate morning shows, yes. I'm fine with the Tribune Fox graphics 31 is using now.

KWGN needs a brand new logo. The weird modified Futura isn't working.

None of it looks good, including the operation. I can watch better product from KKTV.

9 hours ago, channel2 said:

They do still have separate morning shows, yes. I'm fine with the Tribune Fox graphics 31 is using now.

If Nexstar just kept the KDVR's opens but changed the music to Beyond and refresh the L3s to WJW's graphics, then Fox 31 should be okay.

KWGN? WISH package with a new logo. Enough said!

On 1/31/2020 at 3:47 PM, Al-SA-TX said:

KSWB, KFOR, and WGHP, join WGNO as part of the first group to be converted to Nexstar's layout.

On 1/31/2020 at 10:50 PM, TheRyan said:

I truly hope that KDVR/KWGN are allowed to remain seperate.  I think KDVR should get the WISH pkg, something custom, or keep the gfx pkg currently in use.  KWGN would do very well with the KOIN gfx, especially if they were allowed to go back to the 2011 logo (which was far better than what they have now).

Combining the KDVR/KWGN brands would be horrendous, especially for a market the size of Denver.   The Fox gfx pkg will not be a good fit for KDVR, which would (possibly) even be a downgrade from their existing gfx.

But the way the rollout happened in St. Louis has me increasingly concerned about KDVR/KWGN.

KDVR should get the FOX package and Beyond and KWGN will get the WISH package.

But that's not what I'm hearing from my contacts.

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

KDVR should get the FOX package and Beyond and KWGN will get the WISH package.

But that's not what I'm hearing from my contacts.

What is Nexstar actually getting KDVR/KWGN in terms of graphics?

3 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

But those looks are crap and they use weather graphics that look like neither of the two.

In all fairness though I'd take the stuff KDVR/KWGN is doing now over what KTVI/KPLR is doing all day. (What Nexstar did in St. Louis was just about the equivelant to what Tribune gave KDVR/KWGN only slightly worse in STL)

1 minute ago, oknewsguy said:

In all fairness though I'd take the stuff KDVR/KWGN is doing now over what KTVI/KPLR is doing all day. (What Nexstar did in St. Louis was just about the equivelant to what Tribune gave KDVR/KWGN only slightly worse in STL)

As i've said in this thread, KDVR/KWGN is worse watching than Colorado Spring's KKTV. It's all spot news and repackaged Fox News wire stories.

1 minute ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

As i've said in this thread, KDVR/KWGN is worse watching than Colorado Spring's KKTV. It's all spot news and repackaged Fox News wire stories.

I would watch KKTV as well (even KXRM looks better than KDVR/KWGN) but as I said I think that between the Denver duo and the STL duo right now I say the Denver duo is the lesser of the two evils (both are evil though)

16 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I like that top banner that KSWB and KFOR each are using.

Yep! The San Diego & OKC skylines respectively. I wonder whether the webmaster has connections or is trying something new.

Archived