Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
LexTVandRadio

Scripps Graphics 2019

Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

Message added by Weeters

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NotInTV said:

image.thumb.png.bfccc35a1ee52da212bf068bc0c2b6a9.png

Here's KGTV's L3.

I do like what they’ve done on the left side of the ticker 

Edited by kcnewsjunky

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, NotInTV said:

image.thumb.png.bfccc35a1ee52da212bf068bc0c2b6a9.png

Here's KGTV's L3.

That looks pretty good especially the ticker setup.

Edited by ns8401

So apparently Univision in San Diego has a new package... I hate to say it, but it looks nicer than the Scripps package and uses a lot of the same colors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

So apparently Univision in San Diego has a new package... I hate to say it, but it looks nicer than the Scripps package and uses a lot of the same colors.

That’s an updated Univision Package. KDTV uses this already. I’m surprised KBNT got it so late.

1 minute ago, SFTV said:

That’s an updated Univision Package. KDTV uses this already. I’m surprised KBNT got it so late.

No Entravisions stations got it just after Univision O&Os phasized it out rolled out the new look in 2019. Still Entravision still has a problem with beating down the package. And ruining it. All there stations need to invest in better graphics processors. That’s  probably why the lose money and had to regionalized so many news departments and shut them down. Because of the little mistakes, the little touches (that don’t always have to be full investments) that’s causing them lose money and quality content, and low quality modes again doesn’t have to be a complete overhaul like some of there largest markets (Washington D.C., El Paso, San Diego, and McAllen). some of there newscast are still standard definition. I wonder how this graphics package is fairy for them.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:48 PM, tvtime07 said:

The graphics have finally made it to San Diego. On-air, they are finally adding their network affiliation as part of their spoken branding: "ABC 10News", prior to this, they've been simply called "10News" since the 90s.  Not really feeling the tone of the graphics at all, oh well. The set's lights and colors really need to change to comply with the new graphics but I doubt that will happen.

I actually think KGTV has been "10 News" since the early to mid 80s.

• Like 2

WXYZ Has a bolder bug now that doesn’t disappear into the background... it looks really nice..
27EB4827-9673-4CD6-A68A-7BE017B6A22C.thumb.jpeg.b9c0632301a0ece4c96a899b19005ff5.jpeg4DC5F10F-FF88-471E-850C-C33E2443CD2B.thumb.jpeg.3c0cc8badb3b69c68f51b7c700412439.jpegF381E9AB-F7B4-4CC1-89DB-52D14A6CE8FF.thumb.jpeg.deae522b85b701eae15132250e234c10.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

I may have spotted the first sign of WRTV's new logo on their website.  Now please, everyone, contain your excitement at this design marvel and do not bombard me with requests of black-market copies of this logo.

wrtv.jpg

Edited by Devon
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, Devon said:

I may have spotted the first sign of WRTV's new logo on their website.  Now please, everyone, contain your excitement at this design marvel and do not bombard me with requests of black-market copies of this logo.

wrtv.jpg

Where's the "6"?

1 hour ago, groupwfan said:

Where's the "6"?

You could say it was....

Deep-sixed.

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, Devon said:

wrtv.jpg

I already have black market copies, but I ain't dealin. It's such a snorefest.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Devon said:

wrtv.jpg

There is lazy... And there is THAT! I get being safe but that is the absolute bare minimum graphic job. Like 5 seconds and done. If I did that on FTV I would be laughed out the building but here Scripps doing it in real life!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/27/2020 at 4:17 AM, Devon said:

wrtv.jpg

Next station that gets the graphics won't even use a logo at all.

• Haha 4

On 6/27/2020 at 8:05 PM, ColumbusNewsFan said:

There is lazy... And there is THAT! I get being safe but that is the absolute bare minimum graphic job. Like 5 seconds and done. If I did that on FTV I would be laughed out the building but here Scripps doing it in real life!

The worst part about this is that Scripps did a nice job with new logos for WCPO and KIVI (and, before the new graphics, WMAR), but then come out with this. Hopefully this isn't the real logo, because this really sucks.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Journalist said:

Oh joy, this is just like WTOL all over again.

Except that's not what WTOL ultimately used. When the graphics debuted, they merely stripped down the old logo to fit the new look.

wtol11.jpg.8c4171a66588dabe6d3925f04c96fb2a.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, 24994J said:

Except that's not what WTOL ultimately used. When the graphics debuted, they merely stripped down the old logo to fit the new look.

I was comparing our reactions. They're the same. 🙃

• Like 2