Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
LexTVandRadio

Scripps Graphics 2019

Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

Message added by Weeters

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

COVID-19 hasn't prevented TV stations in general from rolling out new graphics. If it hasn't stopped Tegna from rolling out new graphics on their stations it wouldn't stop the Scripps stations from rolling out new graphics either.

 

My thinking here is Scripps is likely getting feedback from their stations that have already rolled out this package and what they want different within the pkg to make it work for their market I don't think COVID-19 has anything to do with why we haven't seen new Scripps stations rolling out this pkg in a while because it started slowing down even before COVID-19 took hold.

That’s from an employee at WXYZ... they have too much going on right now to mess with it with the statewide lockdown and all the precautions going on so it’s on indefinite hold until this blows over. They have all the promo graphics and bumpers switched over now including the sponsored by bumpers which are the newest thing. It all looks really good.

56 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:
Edited by ns8401

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ns8401 said:

That’s from an employee at WXYZ... they have too much going on right now to mess with it with the statewide lockdown and all the precautions going on so it’s on indefinite hold until this blows over. They have all the promo graphics and bumpers switched over now including the sponsored by bumpers which are the newest thing. It all looks really good.

If I had to guess some of the stations within Scripps are in a disagreement in terms of how they want to get the new pkg rolled out to their stations I can tell some want to get it done as soon as possible (KGTV, KSHB) others think that a new pkg is the least of their worries right now and I don't think WXYZ is the only one in that camp, I'm sure there has to be other Scripps stations that likely feel the same way as WXYZ right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 1:48 PM, NewsMaster said:

 

No new graphics on WXYZ yet, but I found this:

Can't be long now.

 

screen-shot-2020-03-18-at-4.07.30%20PM.p

 

Those ghost images do so much for the look.

 

KSHB debuted the weather gfx. After seeing them on a 55" TV, I don't understand why everyone hates them so much. They looked pretty nice actually. Of note, KSHB has ditched WSI and picked up Baron. They used chimes on the 7-Day. News will transition in a few weeks.

 

A gripe I now have with the look are the banners and lower thirds being semi-transparent. Just make it opaque.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kcnewsjunky said:

KSHB has new weather graphics.... don’t know about news as of yet 

Just weather at the moment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

KOAA has the weather graphics but that’s it so far. Now let’s put all “rumors” of a Cordillera exemption to rest. 

310AF2A7-985B-412C-B299-D5FF9D33FF6A.jpeg

Edited by MarkBRollins88_v2
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well here’s a new graphic being used in sports on WXYZ, from home I would say. This will be used the same way in the studio. All sports intros and other graphics remain V2:

8054CE8F-0284-4E50-B758-62BF45D0AABC.thumb.jpeg.e288ee1da4390e1b06d8f526abac281c.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It appears that KIVI will be the next to get the new graphics. On Monday (April 13), the station is dropping the “6 On Your Side” branding (again), in favor of Idaho News 6, coinciding with the launch of the Magic Valley-focused newscasts it will begin producing for Twin Falls repeater KSAW (original post about that in the Scripps general discussion thread: https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/topic/13768-scripps-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=243782).

image.thumb.png.e29d7a0e101f3ee5400d13e2a325e8d4.png

 

The logo has already been pushed out on its social media accounts, which have changed handles from “IdahoOnYourSide” (Twitter) and “6OnYourSide” (Facebook and Instagram) to “IdahoNews6”/“idahonews6”. (As of this post, KIVI’s website still links to the old social handles for all three pages.)

 

 

 

Edited by T.L. Hughes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T.L. Hughes said:

It appears that KIVI will be the next to get the new graphics. On Monday (April 13), the station is dropping the “6 On Your Side” branding (again), in favor of Idaho News 6, coinciding with the launch of the Magic Valley-focused newscasts it will begin producing for Twin Falls repeater KSAW (original post about that in the Scripps general discussion thread: https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/topic/13768-scripps-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=243782).

image.thumb.png.e29d7a0e101f3ee5400d13e2a325e8d4.png

 

The logo has already been pushed out on its social media accounts, which have changed handles from “IdahoOnYourSide” (Twitter) and “6OnYourSide” (Facebook and Instagram) to “IdahoNews6”/“idahonews6”. (As of this post, KIVI’s website still links to the old social handles for all three pages.)

 

 

 

The 6 looks ok but not really a big fan of "Idaho news" and its' font

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KTNV used a patriotic variant of the new lower third today, for a special broadcast called "A Thunderbird Thank You".

 

The v.2 graphics continued to be used on today's newscasts.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

And KIVI/KSAW has the graphics here's the open: 

 

Funny thing we many of us thought Scripps would go voiceover-less with the new opens, but so far the only one who's done that is the pilot station (WTXL)!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Disappointed that KIVI didn't get a new set background (albeit virtual) with the update.

 

35 minutes ago, hmaxhanson said:

Funny thing we many of us thought Scripps would go voiceover-less with the new opens, but so far the only one who's done that is the pilot station (WTXL)!

 

Agreed, and I'm glad they've kept the voiceovers.  Hopefully WTXL gets one reinstated at some point.

Edited by TheRyan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

Funny thing we many of us thought Scripps would go voiceover-less with the new opens, but so far the only one who's done that is the pilot station (WTXL)!

My educated guess on that one is that Scripps likely left it up to the stations to decide on the V/Os and it was likely in the case of WTXL that it was management of WTXL opted to not have a voiceover artist and that it wasn't forced upon by Cincinnati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 7:49 PM, oknewsguy said:

And KIVI has the graphics here's the open: 

 

 

Fixed. KSAW has a separate open now with their launched of separate 5:30 and 10:00 p.m. newscasts.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know why KSHB and KOAA are taking so long to get the full on graphics? They’ve had the new weather graphics for nearly four weeks now, but still have the old graphics everywhere else. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Anyone know why KSHB and KOAA are taking so long to get the full on graphics? They’ve had the new weather graphics for nearly four weeks now, but still have the old graphics everywhere else. 

KGTV still hasn't gone live with the new graphics, for their newscasts, the updated graphics shared here were from a Scripps syndicated program.

 

KGTV has been mid-graphics change for the past month and a half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know of a couple of issues getting Ignite and Chryon 5 to work together with this package.  Could be part of the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Meanwhile at 7 Broadcast plaza.

 

 

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, news89 said:

Meanwhile at 7 Broadcast plaza.

 

 

They beat us to it.. it’s still weird to see the circle 7 used there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ns8401 said:

They beat us to it.. it’s still weird to see the circle 7 used there...

 

I thought Eyewitness News. Was dropped. When the original Scripps Graphics the 2013 debuted it was WKBW 7 News.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gavin said:

 

I thought Eyewitness News. Was dropped. When the original Scripps Graphics the 2013 debuted it was WKBW 7 News.

 

No. Scripps didn't drop the Eyewitness News name at all.

 

The Lighthouse however dropped the "Channel" part of the "7 Eyewitness News" brand and brought that WXYZ logo, dumping WKBW's own stylized Circle 7 logo (which dates back to 2003 when the station dropped the EWN brand under Granite ownership, as "7 News"). They brought back the EWN brand (and MCTYW) in 2008.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we think WPIX is going to implement these graphics now that they're under Scripps ownership?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.