Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

23 hours ago, newstime said:

Remember when they had those beautiful Renderon graphics?? This looks really sad compared to those. 

*taps pinned message*

On 2/27/2020 at 12:20 AM, ABC 7 Denver said:

Worst voice over!

The execution was off-key in terms of its pacing (to illustrate: "...and the world"), but otherwise it's stylistically in line with the prevalent "friendlier" tone seen on many local newscast domestic and abroad. I mentioned this on Discord, but Josh Goodman's voice work for WBNS in 2016 is a good example of this idea.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Journalist said:

*taps pinned message*

The execution was off-key in terms of its pacing (to illustrate: "...and the world"), but otherwise it's stylistically in line with the prevalent "friendlier" tone seen on many local newscast domestic and abroad. I mentioned this on Discord, but Josh Goodman's voice work for WBNS in 2016 is a good example of this idea.

I would love love LOVE to hear Deidre Goodwin, voice of 880 WCBS (which for some reason I love).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

I would love love LOVE to hear Deidre Goodwin, voice of 880 WCBS (which for some reason I love).

Would be great if Man Made handled some more work at the local station group level too while we're at it!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would not expect further launches on the Scripps stations until this Coronavirus madness subsides, to be honest. Bigger fish to fry. Everyone's WFH. Hard to launch that kind of stuff when you're not near the tech.

Edited by TSSZNews
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

I would not expect further launches on the Scripps stations until this Coronavirus madness subsides, to be honest. Bigger fish to fry. Everyone's WFH. Hard to launch that kind of stuff when you're not near the tech.

And on top of that I imagine the IT staff that are working on this are probably in telework (work from home) mode at this point.

This rollout will get done eventually, it'll just take a while.

1 hour ago, kcnewsjunky said:

I just don't understand how KSHB has not launched yet!?! They've been airing promos for weeks and no switch yet. This rollout is damn interesting

WXYZ was supposed to launch tomorrow.. Corona Virus has put everything on hold. We have had the new promo packages here for weeks too so KSHB is probably right there as well waiting to launch.

Edited by ns8401

The new graphics look nice and clean. The on screen bug when the lower thirds aren't on are on point: small, not too intrusive or distracting, and uncolored. The 'fraction styled' degree/temperature bug is also a cool and uncommon touch. The graphics would look better though if the screen bugs were colored when the lower thirds are on screen. TV graphics however are getting very generic with this flat trend. Mix it up a bit, and add richer color. 

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 1:18 AM, ns8401 said:

WXYZ was supposed to launch tomorrow.. Corona Virus has put everything on hold. We have had the new promo packages here for weeks too so KSHB is probably right there as well waiting to launch.

No new graphics on WXYZ yet, but I found this:

Can't be long now.

screen-shot-2020-03-18-at-4.07.30%20PM.p

On 3/17/2020 at 12:18 AM, ns8401 said:

COVID-19 hasn't prevented TV stations in general from rolling out new graphics. If it hasn't stopped Tegna from rolling out new graphics on their stations it wouldn't stop the Scripps stations from rolling out new graphics either.

My thinking here is Scripps is likely getting feedback from their stations that have already rolled out this package and what they want different within the pkg to make it work for their market I don't think COVID-19 has anything to do with why we haven't seen new Scripps stations rolling out this pkg in a while because it started slowing down even before COVID-19 took hold.

Edited by oknewsguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some of these rollouts are easier to do on some platforms that others - depends on what you're working with, and where you're working right now. Some groups--and therefore some local stations--haven't instituted widespread WFH yet. But some have. If WTHR (and WBNS for that matter) are able to do it in this climate, more power to them. I'm not sure it's a top priority for most right now--either for those responsible for execution, or the news consumer.