Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

2 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Has anyone told DADOSUPERMARIO 2 how bad the quality of his videos are. At least when I had videos on YouTube, I really focused on the quality.

They’re fine to me. Unplug your router then plug it back in. Then see if the quality is better. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Has anyone told DADOSUPERMARIO 2 how bad the quality of his videos are. At least when I had videos on YouTube, I really focused on the quality.

The quality is fine to me.

Edited by tw-804
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

The "bandicam" over the video is a huge giveaway that it is screen capture software. I use a TV Tuner and a ELGATO HD 60S. It is much better quality then screen capture. 

That only works if you're within range of the TV signal.  Recording off the Internet is trickier.

I'm grateful for those who put in the effort to upload news opens and such, regardless of the means of recording it.

Edited by TheRyan
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, TheRyan said:

That only works if you're within range of the TV signal.  Recording off the Internet is trickier.

I'm grateful for those who put in the effort to upload news opens and such, regardless of the means of recording it.

It isn't impossible to get a quality recording from a internet source. A classic example is using YouTube TV through an Amazon Fire Stick, Then I put it through the Elgato HD 60S. 

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I'm watching KSTU's live stream. They're the new station with the graphics.

But on some of the bumpers, I hear the OSI theme music playing with the new graphics. I hope they get that fixed.

Nice! I was just watching it yesterday.  They need to get rid of that times new roman 13. 😂

Keeps getting smaller.

KERO, KRIS, WLEX, KOAA, KMTV, KSTU, KATC and KSBY

Edited by LexTVandRadio

14 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

The "bandicam" over the video is a huge giveaway that it is screen capture software. I use a TV Tuner and a ELGATO HD 60S. It is much better quality then screen capture. 

Maybe Dado simply doesn't have the budget to find something to record better than bandicam, who knows. It's none of our business to ask about Dado's financial situation anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to go off topic too much but I use Bandicam & Bandicut for my videos and I paid for both so I can remove the watermark plus I can keep full newscasts (to myself) in case they use talent opens.

41 minutes ago, LexTVandRadio said:

Nice! I was just watching it yesterday.  They need to get rid of that times new roman 13. 😂

Keeps getting smaller.

Leave that "13" alone, they had it since '97 when FOX owned them. Besides I don't want them to switch to WTVT's or WHBQ's 13.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

Keeps getting smaller.

'STU would use the Proxima Nova "13" from KCPQ (to match the font of the L3s?)

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 11:18 AM, LexTVandRadio said:

Keeps getting smaller.

I’m not sure this means KSTU has actually switched to the graphics fully yet. I believe all stations have switched to the new graphics in their live streams. 

19 minutes ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

I’m not sure this means KSTU has actually switched to the graphics fully yet. I believe all stations have switched to the new graphics in their live streams. 

No, KSTU has fully implemented the new graphics for all of their newscasts. Not just the graphics for the streaming content during non-newscast times.

I was saying yesterday, they were playing the OSI theme music on the bumpers during their Midday broadcast (11am).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 24994J said:

And they ditched the blue shades for black & gray.

I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but that looks a lot better.

They have a new set too, though I can't say I completely understand what's going on with the rear displays. They seem to have gaps and image doubles. I'm not sure if I completely understand what effect they are after.

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Requiere said:

KMTV in Omaha now has the graphics, they debuted during the midday newscast.

Finally. Is that everyone now? I always thought they poorly implemented the V2 look.

3 hours ago, 24994J said:

Actually looks pretty decent.

3 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

They have a new set too, though I can't say I completely understand what's going on with the rear displays. They seem to have gaps and image doubles. I'm not sure if I completely understand what effect they are after.

Virtual set, let's be clear. The only real thing in their studio is the old weather center and I believe the desk. The news fantasy part of my mind was hoping Scripps would give them some real digs, but the chroma studio lives on.

12 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

Finally. Is that everyone now? I always thought they poorly implemented the V2 look.

Virtual set, let's be clear. The only real thing in their studio is the old weather center and I believe the desk. The news fantasy part of my mind was hoping Scripps would give them some real digs, but the chroma studio lives on.

I absolutely hate the virtual set look.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MidwestTV said:

Ironically, KM3 (I’ll still gonna call em by their former moniker) is pulling a 1993-99 era BBC News Virtual Set, Americanized for Nebraska...

I was wondering if one of the stations would choose the gray look over the blue look. We may/should see more of the gray in November as that look is supposed to be for election coverage (or the main color stations that don't want blue as their primary color). 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 24994J said:

When will GMs get it through their heads CHEAPING OUT ON A VIRTUAL SET IS NEVER WORTH IT. If you don’t want to spend money on a new set, keep your old one. A dated set looks better than a virtual set poorly masquerading as a real one. 

on a side note, I agree the election graphics look good as default graphics.

Edited by MarkBRollins88_v2
  • Like 3