Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

And now KSHB has a new voice over talent and has super dumbed down their opens, using the sports music cut at the opens with only a blue background with the 41 action news logo brought onto the screen. Not really sure who made that call, but it's not a good look. Way too simplistic. 

1 hour ago, newsguy22 said:

Launched new graphics, music, newsroom and production software today. Lots of hard work behind the scenes to make it happen. Let's hope I don't mess it up tomorrow morning! 

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

Hoping WTVR  CBS 6 waits a little longer. I will miss "Moving Forward" when it goes away.

Wait a sec. Now that WTKR's got the new graphics and music, that means maybe sometime this month(?) The South's First Television Station could be getting them and it could soon join the other three stations in the Richmond area that's currently using a news music package from Stephen Arnold Music. NBC affiliate WWBT's been using The Rock since 2015 (although they still use Inergy - a theme they've used since 2014 - for some segments [example: sports, First Alert Weather Day, etc.] after switching to The Rock for their news opens and bumpers; don't know why the NMSA recently removed WWBT's entry for Inergy), ABC affiliate WRIC picked up Guardian in 2016 and WWBT's sister station WUPV picked up The Rock for their NBC 12 News at 7pm on CW Richmond which debuted in January 2020 - nearly a year after the 4:30 newscast moved to WWBT in February 2019. That means Fox affiliate WRLH could soon be the lone station in Richmond not currently using an Arnold theme (they're currently using Warner/Chappell's Sinclair: Glass & Curves), although they used the Sinclair News Music Package from 2005 to 2006.

If WTVR started using the new Scripps graphics and music later this week or this weekend, I would be shocked. I like Moving Forward - I was shocked that they dropped CBS Enforcer (along with those cool-looking KDVR graphics!) for it back in 2015 - but it's time to put that package out to pasture. It's getting dated with no updates. BUT I'll miss the Tribune CBS graphics, though.

Edited by tw-804
*could, not would.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, tw-804 said:

Wait a sec. Now that WTKR's got the new graphics and music, that means maybe sometime this month(?) The South's First Television Station could be getting them and it could soon join the other three stations in the Richmond area that's currently using a news music package from Stephen Arnold Music. NBC affiliate WWBT's been using The Rock since 2015 (although they still use Inergy - a theme they've used since 2014 - for some segments [example: sports, First Alert Weather Day, etc.] after switching to The Rock for their news opens and bumpers; don't know why the NMSA recently removed WWBT's entry for Inergy), ABC affiliate WRIC picked up Guardian in 2016 and WWBT's sister station WUPV picked up The Rock for their NBC 12 News at 7pm on CW Richmond which debuted in January 2020 - nearly a year after the 4:30 newscast moved to WWBT in February 2019. That means Fox affiliate WRLH could soon be the lone station in Richmond not currently using an Arnold theme (they're currently using Warner/Chappell's Sinclair: Glass & Curves), although they used the Sinclair News Music Package from 2005 to 2006.

If WTVR started using the new Scripps graphics and music later this week or this weekend, I would be shocked. I like Moving Forward - I was shocked that they dropped CBS Enforcer (along with those cool-looking KDVR graphics!) for it back in 2015 - but it's time to put that package out to pasture. It's getting dated with no updates. BUT I'll miss the Tribune CBS graphics, though.

You know that Scripps is trying to switch WTVR as soon as possible. I hope you are right though, I hate to see Moving Forward disappear.

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TheRyan said:

The set on WTKR now looks really depressing with the dark blues they implemented for the Scripps look (especially at 11pm).  I think they need much lighter shades of blue.

I think the dark is fine for a late night newscast, but for mornings, middays and evenings, I would hope they could find a way to brighten it up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidwestTV said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the bug is completely opaque rather than semi-transparent. It looks much, much better that way. (personal opinion that their '3' logo is something KMTV should adopt)

That was at my urging. If you can't read the bug, whats the point of having one, right?

• Like 5

9 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

This is who we have left, right? I don't think KOAA has switched yet.

KERO, KRIS, WLEX, KOAA, KMTV, KSTU, KATC and KSBY

So KOAA launched their 4 pm on Monday. I would’ve thought that would be the natural time to make the switch. I’m very surprised KOAA launched a whole new newscast using the old graphics. What’s funny, is an insider has shown me what their 4 pm open will look like with the new graphics. So it’s already made. Why would they go to the trouble to make an open with the old graphics instead of just using the new ones they seem to have ready? Something seems weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

So KOAA launched their 4 pm on Monday. I would’ve thought that would be the natural time to make the switch. I’m very surprised KOAA launched a whole new newscast using the old graphics. What’s funny, is an insider has shown me what their 4 pm open will look like with the new graphics. So it’s already made. Why would they go to the trouble to make an open with the old graphics instead of just using the new ones they seem to have ready? Something seems weird.

That does seem strange. 

2 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Some stations are having software problems with the station. That’s what took WRTV so long to launch. 

• Like 3