Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

14 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

How many stations are left? 

WRTV (coming soon)

WLEX, KATC, WSYM, KOAA, KRIS, KERO, KSBY, KSTU, WTVR, WTKR, WXMI and KMTV.

I can tell you at least two of these will launch in September.

...Also technically KOAA has already launched if you consider they’ve had the weather graphics since I think March.

1 hour ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

...Also technically KOAA has already launched if you consider they’ve had the weather graphics since I think March.

Yeah, no. Weather graphics does not a full package make.

2 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

KMTV had the Scripps v.2 weather graphics for years and never used the full package. Scripps doesn't seem to care if the weather computers jump the gun.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Weeters said:

KMTV had the Scripps v.2 weather graphics for years and never used the full package. Scripps doesn't seem to care if the weather computers jump the gun.

Same thing with KGUN in Tucson. They kept the Journal graphics long after Scripps took over and never used the V2 graphics outside of weather.

7 hours ago, Weeters said:

Let me also add that I think KMTV horribly utilized the package. Just seems like clunky and messy usage. It's a topic for another day, but KMTV is in bad need of an overhaul.

• 2 weeks later...

WXMI is debuting the graphics tonight according to meteorologist Erik Kostrzewa

Not sure if it's just the weather or the complete package... based on what I see, it's the whole kit n kaboodle

117870952_585657638772376_3123503832317710890_o.jpg

Edited by MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie
  • Like 4

I wasn't able to get the open...got the weather forecast segment...  but I'm thinking this is a loose transition...

1) no time/temp bug during the newscast

2) lower thirds and news maps are new Scripps

2) the weather graphics are mixed between Tribune/Scripps

3) Using new Scripps music and Guardian

1-1.png

1-2.png

1-3.png

1-4.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

I wasn't able to get the open...got the weather forecast segment...  but I'm thinking this is a loose transition...

3) Using new Scripps music and Guardian

I only heard Guardian on the station promos during the breaks. I didn't hear Guardian on the show itself.

9 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

And this morning they reverted back to tribune graphics 

I was kinda surprised that they debut it on Sat Night then gone the next day I wonder if it wasn't to debut until Monday? I wanted to see the intro of the newscast tonight and boom seeing the Tribune graphics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megatron81 said:

I was kinda surprised that they debut it on Sat Night then gone the next day I wonder if it wasn't to debut until Monday? I wanted to see the intro of the newscast tonight and boom seeing the Tribune graphics.

I wonder if the GM saw the new graphics and just said 'F*ck this'.

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Can you explain?

Also... here’s WRTV’s open...

That looks like the social media name for that reporter on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & other social media platforms, a lot of stations do that now.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MidwestTV said:

Nice touch with the mountains in the background. Adds a bit more depth. A suitable color scheme for Colorado, really, given how cold it gets.

I agree. Honestly this doesn’t look half bad and can actually be considered an upgrade from the current look, IMO. 

As for the rest of the package—we’ll wait and see.

• Like 2

I see this logo used more and more for LEX18. Horizontal version of the logo. 

image.png.82728229837ec7a02e5d9269778efd05.png

1 minute ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

A couple more snapshots from the stream. Looks like they’re using the new graphics for everything in the stream except for the news updates with main anchors. No new music yet either. 

ADB93A6A-1434-4E09-8F30-BD66048C74BF.jpeg

484E2646-0E6D-4F56-9153-21E901C9FCA4.jpeg

Looks good with the mountains in the back!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LexTVandRadio said:

I see this logo used more and more for LEX18. Horizontal version of the logo. 

image.png.82728229837ec7a02e5d9269778efd05.png

Looks good with the mountains in the back!  

I also spy some proxima nova.

It appears the big Cordillera stations will be the last few to fall, but they’re about to.

And I agree. The mountains in the back look better than just enlarging the logo, which most other stations are doing.

As someone stated before, this package’s look and color scheme may actually fit KOAA decently. 

If they could tweak the blue to be a bit brighter on all the graphics for WLEX, it would be a good fit for them too, given their push to attract UK fans.

Edited by MarkBRollins88_v2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

I also spy some proxima nova.

It appears the big Cordillera stations will be the last few to fall, but they’re about to.

And I agree. The mountains in the back look better than just enlarging the logo, which most other stations are doing.

As someone stated before, this package’s look and color scheme may actually fit KOAA decently. 

Yep, it's coming. 

I could see WLEX having a peacock in the background only instead of the 18, but who knows.  But the blue and white will work great for them too. 

• Like 1