Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

On 6/27/2020 at 4:17 AM, Devon said:

I may have spotted the first sign of WRTV's new logo on their website.  Now please, everyone, contain your excitement at this design marvel and do not bombard me with requests of black-market copies of this logo.

wrtv.jpg

I'm happy to report that this, ladies and gentlemen, is the actual logo. I saw it on one of their news trucks in their parking lot today. Didn't have time to get a photo. I, for one, actually like it. It's simple and clean.

Edited by hankthetank23
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, hankthetank23 said:

I'm happy to report that this, ladies and gentlemen, is the actual logo. I saw it on one of their news trucks in their parking lot today. Didn't have time to get a photo. I, for one, actually like it. It's simple and clean.

Do we know what they'll name their newscasts yet or no?

My thinking was with this being confirmed, RTV 6 News will probably either be modified as WRTV 6 News or rebranded to WRTV News.

On 6/27/2020 at 4:17 AM, Devon said:

I may have spotted the first sign of WRTV's new logo on their website.  Now please, everyone, contain your excitement at this design marvel and do not bombard me with requests of black-market copies of this logo.

wrtv.jpg

I have seen that for Fox17 promo with We're Open with Fox17 with a square with Fox17 but still also use the current Fox17 logo as well for some promos as well.

On 7/11/2020 at 5:38 PM, hankthetank23 said:

I saw it in passing on a few promos. I'm really conflicted, as I HATED the "rtv6" branding (both from when I came to the market until 2007ish and then when it came back with the Scripps purchase). It's stupid (the call letters go back to "We aRe TV," so dropping the W kind of makes it not work), clunky, and just fits when the station was an also-ran. I really liked the faux-WLS feel that was in 2007-2012 with Gari's Eyewitness News as the theme, the circle-6 logo, and "6News" as the branding. It was different enough, but felt way better than some of the prior packages. I was also sad to see Scripps drop the 6 logo that had been around in some variant for years.

On the other hand, did they even pick a typeface for this or just go with the default Scripps one these days? It's also 6 on most cable systems, so that could've been kept (unlike some obscure UHF station that brands itself for a low cable slot).

Funny enough, down the street, the "WTHR" text portion of WTHR's "logo" (aka not the 13) that Tegna kept is the typeface from their old graphics package (when they redid their logo to be sans serif), so it sort of feels both unique and out of place at the same time.

Edited by ecs0013

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, jbnews said:

Unique slogan replaced with a boring one. Also why "safe"? Safe from what?

It makes me think "health" right now, though I wonder if the idea was "family-friendly"... There's a long history of that in this particular market.

17 hours ago, jbnews said:

Unique slogan replaced with a boring one. Also why "safe"? Safe from what?

The promo campaign when this debuted normally included VO saying "Keeping you: Safe. Informed. Connected."

It's a severe weather market, and the longtime weather slogan is "Your safest place in a storm."

New slogans, especially for legacy stations, come after lots of market research. One of the primary questions asked is normally "what do you expect from your local news?" I would assume this was born out of the majority of answers being some form of "keeping my family safe, staying informed and connected to my community."

Stations are more concerned about what their audience wants and expects than hanging onto a zippy slogan that a forum thinks is "unique."

EDIT: The VO in the new open is also "Keeping you: Safe. Informed. Connected."

Edited by alaskanews
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...