Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

13 minutes ago, Yankees4life said:

What the fuck? ANOTHER rebrand? 🤦‍♂️

I don't remember the last time WSFL-TV has ever put their OTA number as just using "SFL-TV" or "SFL" or some crap like that. Back when they were WB39, it was just that, WB39.

WSFL-TV | Logopedia | Fandom

29 minutes ago, Yankees4life said:

What the fuck? ANOTHER rebrand? 🤦‍♂️

Yeah I wonder what the News department will look like the scenario that they have graphics. I’m already wondering if Scripps is doing news updates from other markets to WSFL, I know in Raleigh Sinclair did news updates for WRDC side of the WLFL/WRDC duopoly. Since WLFL has it news done of course and produced by WTVD ABC11 in Raleigh at 10 o’clock. It was produced (WRDC Update) by WYSX ABC6 Columbus. So I think that there target date of launching a newscasts on WSFL may be delayed to maybe by late this year or even next year. Probably I can see the newscast from 4:30-9 a.m and 10 P.M. to 11 P.M..

7 hours ago, YardLionREW said:

WSFL-TV, despite not having a news department yet, rebranded its station with Scripps graphics last week.

Edited by Gavin

30 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Yeah I wonder what the News department will look like the scenario that they have graphics. I’m already wondering if Scripps is doing news updates from other markets to WSFL, I know in Raleigh Sinclair did news updates for WRDC side of the WLFL/WRDC duopoly. Since WLFL has it news done of course and produced by WTVD ABC11 in Raleigh at 10 o’clock. It was produced (WRDC Update) by WYSX ABC6 Columbus. So I think that there target date of launching a newscasts on WSFL may be delayed to maybe by late this year or even next year. Probably I can see the newscast from 4:30-9 a.m and 10 P.M. to 11 P.M..

I know WFTX did weather with Trent Aric formerly of WPLG on WSFL as for the newscasts likely bumping out the syndie sitcom reruns for a local news block.

On 6/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, LexTVandRadio said:

The promo that is on their Facebook page. Sorry if it’s been posted already. 

Gosh, so much celebration over a poor graphics package...are we anticipating new logo and a new set as well?

5 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

Their set isn't THAT old. (5 years)

Maybe this is a struggling station. It cancelled it weekend morning newscast in 2017, has poor talent and ratings the ratings are sour. They have newscast that are poor quality Former ABC 11 Sports anchor Drew Smith anchors there but it sucks poor newscast quality and set quality. They might need it to hype viewers and get ratings,

7 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Maybe this is a struggling station. It cancelled it weekend morning newscast in 2017, has poor talent and ratings the ratings are sour. They have newscast that are poor quality Former ABC 11 Sports anchor Drew Smith anchors there but it sucks poor newscast quality and set quality. They might need it to hype viewers and get ratings,

The set is kinda like KSHB and WCPO sets.

1 hour ago, tvtime07 said:

Gosh, so much celebration over a poor graphics package...are we anticipating new logo and a new set as well?

Logo yes. Set no. 

I’m told the purpose of the promo is to give an upbeat tone to the upcoming changes. 

45 minutes ago, Gavin said:

You should also fact check yourself before you take to your keyboard. According to Drew Smith’s LinkedIn he hasn’t worked at WRTV since 2015. 

WRTV was supposed to launch about month ago. But, the station is having all sorts of issues with its automation software. I’m told they’re the first station with its software to launch the package. 

Edited by who?cares
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Somehow we missed this one. WGBA now has the graphics and I actually like the fact they incorporated the NBC chimes into the music pkg. 

Looks like WGBA went the WTXL route and went without a voiceover this time.

55 minutes ago, NEOMatrix said:

Looks like WGBA went the WTXL route and went without a voiceover this time.

They do have a voiceover now on the 5pm show (I did point out the launch but the WSFL launch buried the news 😆).

2 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

WGBA isn't the first to use the NBC version though.

The only other one I’ve seen using them is KJRH but they’ve mysteriously stopped using them for some reason last I saw. 

I find it funny no other NBC affiliates have opted to use the chimes. I know KSHB and WPTV used the NBC version of Inergy. But they don’t use the NBC version of the new music. 

On a side note, I STILL don’t understand why KOAA has had the new weather graphics for two and a half months but still has the old graphics for everything else. What gives?

Edited by MarkBRollins88_v2

2 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

The only other one I’ve seen using them is KJRH but they’ve mysteriously stopped using them for some reason last I saw. 

I find it funny no other NBC affiliates have opted to use the chimes. I know KSHB and WPTV used the NBC version of Inergy. But they don’t use the NBC version of the new music. 

On a side note, I STILL don’t understand why KOAA has had the new weather graphics for two and a half months but still has the old graphics for everything else. What gives?

Maybe KOAA is trying to pull a KGUN. Because KGUN never did pick up the previous gfx pkg other than the weather gfx.

The graphics have finally made it to San Diego. On-air, they are finally adding their network affiliation as part of their spoken branding: "ABC 10News", prior to this, they've been simply called "10News" since the 90s.  Not really feeling the tone of the graphics at all, oh well. The set's lights and colors really need to change to comply with the new graphics but I doubt that will happen.

Edited by tvtime07
  • Like 3