Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

1 hour ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Check the cuts from KJRH posted earlier in this thread. They’re the only NBC station I’ve heard using it. And if you watch their newscasts now, it sounds like they aren’t using them anymore.

I think they use a mix, but I could be mistaken. I know for a fact they commissioned them.

Edited by jbnews

1 hour ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Check the cuts from KJRH posted earlier in this thread. They’re the only NBC station I’ve heard using it. And if you watch their newscasts now, it sounds like they aren’t using them anymore.

They aren't they are just using what was already made for Scripps.

Well... the open is generic in a “taking action for you, you’re watching 7 Action News” way. No times or anything in the open which sucks. The graphics seem to move a little faster than others we have seen. There are 3 transition graphics: ghosted Circle 7 in the background without logo, silver circle 7 Logo With ghosted 7 in the background and ghosted circle 7 logo with ghosted 7 in the background. Weather graphics have had a minor refresh on the maps to add the cartoonish suns and all the other graphics look as advertised there. Several of the L3’s had no text message tab on them. It’s a much better look and I hope they lean on that heavily. Music was the midday theme. I took pictures of most of this if somebody wants to see them I’ll post whatever you’re interested in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ns8401 said:

Well... the open is generic in a “taking action for you, you’re watching 7 Action News” way. No times or anything in the open which sucks. The graphics seem to move a little faster than others we have seen. There are 3 transition graphics: ghosted Circle 7 in the background without logo, silver circle 7 Logo With ghosted 7 in the background and ghosted circle 7 logo with ghosted 7 in the background. Weather graphics have had a minor refresh on the maps to add the cartoonish suns and all the other graphics look as advertised there. Several of the L3’s had no text message tab on them. It’s a much better look and I hope they lean on that heavily. Music was the midday theme. I took pictures of most of this if somebody wants to see them I’ll post whatever you’re interested in. 

I do wanna see the weather graphics because I was just online and I saw the temperature map got refreshed from Neue to Nova.

Here’s my weekly post pondering why KOAA was able to launch the new weather graphics at the same time as KSHB in mid-April (already during the pandemic), but still seemingly hasn’t come close to launching any other aspects of the new graphics? Clearly other stations have been able to go ahead with their launches during the pandemic. What gives? 

Someone suggested that WRTV would bring back the 6 News branding, honestly the rebrand to 6 News would make it too much like WTHR.

I would say based on the sightings on Out & About it looks like it'll become WRTV News

1 hour ago, oknewsguy said:

Someone suggested that WRTV would bring back the 6 News branding, honestly the rebrand to 6 News would make it too much like WTHR.

I would say based on the sightings on Out & About it looks like it'll become WRTV News

RTV6 sounds a lot better. Or they could go with ABC 6 or 6 ABC. But yeah they can't do 6 News if WTHR just rebranded to 13 News.

Edited by jbnews

17 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

WRTV ABC 6 News.

12 hours ago, news89 said:

Coming soon to TV5 in Cleveland. The graphic in top left hand corner is new. Not sure if it started tonight. I will keep an eye out on it.

As long as the "lottery ball" looks better, or the original Circle 5 returns, I'll take it, but i'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

The website has the new bug on their "News 5 NOW" filler newscast, but the noon show still has the existing graphics.

And yes, it looks like the lottery ball 5 lives on...only in white.

Slowly coming online.

20200519_231302.jpg

20200519_231307.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/19/2019 at 3:29 PM, 24994J said:

This was posted earlier in the thread, and was hidden by myself, as there was no confirmation, at that point.

Here's the direct link to that post. 

It all has to do with flatness, that's all in Europe, England, Latin America they love this package its viewed as modern and revolutionary. We just have in America great 3D blocky dimensional and now with these flat graphics packages, its like we're saying to our graphics package designers "You can do better" I think the reason for these flat graphics packages is for organization in heavy-loads of information.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavin said:

It all has to do with flatness, that's all in Europe, England, Latin America they love this package its viewed as modern and revolutionary. We just have in America great 3D blocky dimensional and now with these flat graphics packages, its like we're saying to our graphics package designers "You can do better" I think the reason for these flat graphics packages is for organization in heavy-loads of information.

They require less render time and fewer design staff. Let's be clear.

• Like 6