Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

1 hour ago, MidwestTV said:

ALL I want is for them to drop "Action News" and go with their generic 41 peacock logo. It is astronomically better looking.

At least they got rid of this...

KSHB.png

• Haha 1

The only problem is that Action News or Eyewitness News sounds too generic, it doesn't make the station feel unique.

Thankfully, Scripps also got rid of the orange.

Edited by Requiere

On 5/2/2020 at 7:42 PM, KCMOANKER said:

Is this the first Scripps station in the new graphics package with a color logo on the open?  Also they are still not using the new Scripps music on the copyright lighthouse tag.  I assume that will be fixed soon.   Honestly, I dont think the color logo looks good with this new look.  Also, the L3 Time and Temp is hard to see when the image behind it is light.   I know its a Saturday night, and I assume they will only enhance the package.

No.. KNXV uses their black and yellow logo on opens

I wonder when Scripps will roll out new packages for the TV stations that they bought last year I know WXMI Fox17 is still using the Tribune package for news, the logo bug during Snydie took red & blue off and the logo bug is only shown for a few seconds coming out of the break where as Tribune had the logo bug shown during the snydie programs in & out of the break. 

11 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

WFTX, WFTS, WTMJ and WCPO are the only other ones I'm thinking of right now that do have their logos in color in the new opens.

WXYZ will get them some day... I’m 95% sure the logo will be ghosted... I would love to throw that in on the list but still nothing...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MidwestTV said:

ALL I want is for them to drop "Action News" and go with their generic 41 peacock logo. It is astronomically better looking.

So you're for droping the "Action" part of the branding and just going with "41 News"?

• Like 2

On 5/3/2020 at 9:24 PM, MidwestTV said:

I'd say that's not likely to happen because if they had any intentions to dump the "Action" name it would've happened with the gfx update.

Personally I prefer the full "41 Action News" name.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

I'd say that's not likely to happen because if they had any intentions to dump the "Action" name it would've happened with the gfx update.

Personally I prefer the full "41 Action News" name.

And besides I don't see a legit reason for dropping the "Action" part of the name unless someone in here gives us a legitimate reason for supporting that.

• Like 1

A few notes and questions I have for anyone in the know....

-WXYZ has the graphics for seemingly everything except their newscasts. Their promos have them, their stream has them during commercial breaks, etc. So what’s taking so long for them? (This was noticeable pre-Pandemic)

-So far, KJRH appears to be the only NBC affiliate that has opted to use the version of the music with NBC chimes. Why?

-KOAA has had the new graphics for weather for almost a month and a half. They got the weather graphics the same time KSHB did... but KSHB now has the new graphics for everything. KOAA still doesn’t. What’s taking so long? I get that there’s a pandemic happening... but they already launched the weather graphics during the pandemic. So I’m wondering if there’s something more at play.

-How come none of the teeny tiny markets have these yet? It seems like mostly middle markets who have these so far. (Pre-Pandemic)

-I’ve heard some deeper cuts of the music, more than what Stephen Arnold has put out to the public. There are some really good cuts that would make for better newscast opens, IMO. There are cuts with more urgency, which I feel like the music needs. Why are stations not utilizing the music package to its fullest potential?

Edited by MarkBRollins88_v2
  • Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 8:17 AM, jrh1985 said:

Any reason WGBA doesn't have them yet?

Just a reminder that we're in the midst of a pandemic and every work stream possible has been upended. Launching a new gfx package would be an unneeded distraction, especially for the small market stations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, alaskanews said:

Just a reminder that we're in the midst of a pandemic and every work stream possible has been upended. Launching a new gfx package would be an unneeded distraction, especially for the small market stations.

Green Bay? Small market??

🤨🤔

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

A few notes and questions I have for anyone in the know....

-WXYZ has the graphics for seemingly everything except their newscasts. Their promos have them, their stream has them during commercial breaks, etc. So what’s taking so long for them? (This was noticeable pre-Pandemic)

-So far, KJRH appears to be the only NBC affiliate that has opted to use the version of the music with NBC chimes. Why?

-KOAA has had the new graphics for weather for almost a month and a half. They got the weather graphics the same time KSHB did... but KSHB now has the new graphics for everything. KOAA still doesn’t. What’s taking so long? I get that there’s a pandemic happening... but they already launched the weather graphics during the pandemic. So I’m wondering if there’s something more at play.

-How come none of the teeny tiny markets have these yet? It seems like mostly middle markets who have these so far. (Pre-Pandemic)

-I’ve heard some deeper cuts of the music, more than what Stephen Arnold has put out to the public. There are some really good cuts that would make for better newscast opens, IMO. There are cuts with more urgency, which I feel like the music needs. Why are stations not utilizing the music package to its fullest potential?

Even WXYZ’s transition between stories in the open has the new graphics (looks pretty slick)... Graphics nerds be demanding graphics..

• Like 2

19 hours ago, alaskanews said:

12 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

All the small markets have NFL teams these days! Get with times! /s

15 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

Green Bay? Small market??

🤨🤔

17 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

This is probably the worst website to choose to make fun of “TV nerdz”

Gosh! I was just wondering when WGBA would get the new graphics since TMJ4 got them months ago. I didn't mean to start talk of COVID and how big the markets are!

• Like 1

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if some small market stations actually did try to do something stupid like launch new graphics right now. I know of some backwater stations where the managers are still pretending like everything's normal right now and are having far more people come into work than there should be.

• Confused 1
  • Concerned 1

Per @froyo49 the theme is now on News Music Now at http://www.newsmusicnow.com/news-music/#scripps . More extensive cuts than available on NMSA or Stephen Arnold’s YouTube. 

My takeaway: They should make a slightly more serious version of the sports theme and use that as the main news theme.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Per @froyo49 the theme is now on News Music Now at http://www.newsmusicnow.com/news-music/#scripps . More extensive cuts than available on NMSA or Stephen Arnold’s YouTube. 

My takeaway: They should make a slightly more serious version of the sports theme and use that as the main news theme.

I’m thinking the political or midday themes as the main theme... it’ll be interesting to evaluate whether every station used the themes as described by track name at some point. I have the feeling some of them will change up which theme is which.

4 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

There is an NBC cut of this? 

image.png.9e551b5f03db97ee06b0650df018df42.png

NBC version available

35 minutes ago, LexTVandRadio said:

NBC version available

Yup. The news director of KJRH in Tulsa told me his station commissioned it.

Edited by jbnews

44 minutes ago, LexTVandRadio said:

NBC version available

Check the cuts from KJRH posted earlier in this thread. They’re the only NBC station I’ve heard using it. And if you watch their newscasts now, it sounds like they aren’t using them anymore.

• Thanks 1