Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

31 minutes ago, Yankees4life said:

Not before Nexstar rebuys the station...

I know their option is active until New Year's Eve of 2021. But in order for Nexstar to acquire WPIX is either the National Ownership Cap would have to be tweaked past the 39% threshold (which I don't think its going to happen in the near term), or Nexstar would have to divest stations to make room in the current cap to get PIX.

In any event, I would wait until the Nexstar option elapse before Implementing the new graphics on Channel 11.

• Like 1

From earlier in this thread...

On 1/18/2020 at 9:38 AM, newsguy22 said:

I’m told some of the former Tribune stations will not be getting the new Scripps graphics and music. WPIX, WTKR/WGNT and WTVR have all been approved to keep their current graphics and music packages. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

We’ve already been through this. No.

I would trust the person who said about WLEX 99.99999% because they would know, but corporate has their own plans.  I just hope WLEX is one of the last to get it. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, I’m a news junkie..so what said:

Is Scripps giving out new sets to their stations with their new gfx package?

Ever since the rollout, I don't think I've seen a station installing a new set with the new gfx.

Not sure if that's going to happen for the proceeding stations, but anything could happen.

56 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Ever since the rollout, I don't think I've seen a station installing a new set with the new gfx.

Not sure if that's going to happen for the proceeding stations, but anything could happen.

WTXL says" you're lying". WTXL got a new set with the graphics so far.

Is this the first Scripps station in the new graphics package with a color logo on the open?  Also they are still not using the new Scripps music on the copyright lighthouse tag.  I assume that will be fixed soon.   Honestly, I dont think the color logo looks good with this new look.  Also, the L3 Time and Temp is hard to see when the image behind it is light.   I know its a Saturday night, and I assume they will only enhance the package.

6 hours ago, KCMOANKER said:

Is this the first Scripps station in the new graphics package with a color logo on the open?  Also they are still not using the new Scripps music on the copyright lighthouse tag.  I assume that will be fixed soon.   Honestly, I dont think the color logo looks good with this new look.  Also, the L3 Time and Temp is hard to see when the image behind it is light.   I know its a Saturday night, and I assume they will only enhance the package.

The hard to see time and temp bug is a problem that every station with the new look has.. it needs a blue box behind it at all times.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

I can read that bug just fine myself.

It vanishes when it gets into say an outdoor scene or anything super bright or white. It doesn’t do that in the above video but it is a known issue with the package.