Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

56 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

COVID-19 hasn't prevented TV stations in general from rolling out new graphics. If it hasn't stopped Tegna from rolling out new graphics on their stations it wouldn't stop the Scripps stations from rolling out new graphics either.

My thinking here is Scripps is likely getting feedback from their stations that have already rolled out this package and what they want different within the pkg to make it work for their market I don't think COVID-19 has anything to do with why we haven't seen new Scripps stations rolling out this pkg in a while because it started slowing down even before COVID-19 took hold.

That’s from an employee at WXYZ... they have too much going on right now to mess with it with the statewide lockdown and all the precautions going on so it’s on indefinite hold until this blows over. They have all the promo graphics and bumpers switched over now including the sponsored by bumpers which are the newest thing. It all looks really good.

56 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:
Edited by ns8401

6 hours ago, ns8401 said:

That’s from an employee at WXYZ... they have too much going on right now to mess with it with the statewide lockdown and all the precautions going on so it’s on indefinite hold until this blows over. They have all the promo graphics and bumpers switched over now including the sponsored by bumpers which are the newest thing. It all looks really good.

If I had to guess some of the stations within Scripps are in a disagreement in terms of how they want to get the new pkg rolled out to their stations I can tell some want to get it done as soon as possible (KGTV, KSHB) others think that a new pkg is the least of their worries right now and I don't think WXYZ is the only one in that camp, I'm sure there has to be other Scripps stations that likely feel the same way as WXYZ right now.

On 3/25/2020 at 1:48 PM, NewsMaster said:

No new graphics on WXYZ yet, but I found this:

Can't be long now.

screen-shot-2020-03-18-at-4.07.30%20PM.p

Those ghost images do so much for the look.

KSHB debuted the weather gfx. After seeing them on a 55" TV, I don't understand why everyone hates them so much. They looked pretty nice actually. Of note, KSHB has ditched WSI and picked up Baron. They used chimes on the 7-Day. News will transition in a few weeks.

A gripe I now have with the look are the banners and lower thirds being semi-transparent. Just make it opaque.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that KIVI will be the next to get the new graphics. On Monday (April 13), the station is dropping the “6 On Your Side” branding (again), in favor of Idaho News 6, coinciding with the launch of the Magic Valley-focused newscasts it will begin producing for Twin Falls repeater KSAW (original post about that in the Scripps general discussion thread: https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/topic/13768-scripps-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=243782).

image.thumb.png.e29d7a0e101f3ee5400d13e2a325e8d4.png

The logo has already been pushed out on its social media accounts, which have changed handles from “IdahoOnYourSide” (Twitter) and “6OnYourSide” (Facebook and Instagram) to “IdahoNews6”/“idahonews6”. (As of this post, KIVI’s website still links to the old social handles for all three pages.)

Edited by T.L. Hughes

1 hour ago, T.L. Hughes said:

It appears that KIVI will be the next to get the new graphics. On Monday (April 13), the station is dropping the “6 On Your Side” branding (again), in favor of Idaho News 6, coinciding with the launch of the Magic Valley-focused newscasts it will begin producing for Twin Falls repeater KSAW (original post about that in the Scripps general discussion thread: https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/topic/13768-scripps-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=243782).

image.thumb.png.e29d7a0e101f3ee5400d13e2a325e8d4.png

The logo has already been pushed out on its social media accounts, which have changed handles from “IdahoOnYourSide” (Twitter) and “6OnYourSide” (Facebook and Instagram) to “IdahoNews6”/“idahonews6”. (As of this post, KIVI’s website still links to the old social handles for all three pages.)

The 6 looks ok but not really a big fan of "Idaho news" and its' font

2 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

And KIVI/KSAW has the graphics here's the open: 

Funny thing we many of us thought Scripps would go voiceover-less with the new opens, but so far the only one who's done that is the pilot station (WTXL)!

• Like 2

Disappointed that KIVI didn't get a new set background (albeit virtual) with the update.

35 minutes ago, hmaxhanson said:

Funny thing we many of us thought Scripps would go voiceover-less with the new opens, but so far the only one who's done that is the pilot station (WTXL)!

Agreed, and I'm glad they've kept the voiceovers.  Hopefully WTXL gets one reinstated at some point.

Edited by TheRyan

7 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

My educated guess on that one is that Scripps likely left it up to the stations to decide on the V/Os and it was likely in the case of WTXL that it was management of WTXL opted to not have a voiceover artist and that it wasn't forced upon by Cincinnati

23 minutes ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Anyone know why KSHB and KOAA are taking so long to get the full on graphics? They’ve had the new weather graphics for nearly four weeks now, but still have the old graphics everywhere else. 

KGTV still hasn't gone live with the new graphics, for their newscasts, the updated graphics shared here were from a Scripps syndicated program.

KGTV has been mid-graphics change for the past month and a half.

1 hour ago, ns8401 said:

They beat us to it.. it’s still weird to see the circle 7 used there...

I thought Eyewitness News. Was dropped. When the original Scripps Graphics the 2013 debuted it was WKBW 7 News.

23 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I thought Eyewitness News. Was dropped. When the original Scripps Graphics the 2013 debuted it was WKBW 7 News.

No. Scripps didn't drop the Eyewitness News name at all.

The Lighthouse however dropped the "Channel" part of the "7 Eyewitness News" brand and brought that WXYZ logo, dumping WKBW's own stylized Circle 7 logo (which dates back to 2003 when the station dropped the EWN brand under Granite ownership, as "7 News"). They brought back the EWN brand (and MCTYW) in 2008.