Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

1 hour ago, TheRyan said:

Thanks @oknewsguy

That's the video where I saw the WCPO open.

Happy to help,

47 minutes ago, Greggo said:

That 9 is very WGN ;)

I'm actually not that surprised to see Tribune influence at Scripps (it's fitting considering that Scripps did buy the conflicts in the Tribune-Nexstar deal)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 24994J said:

Am I losing my mind for actually really liking that new logo?

I like it too.  If only WEWS had something like it, it would take away some of the pain of "lottery ball 5".

WCPO is their flagship, and WEWS was their founding station.  They need TLC like this in the worst way.

14 minutes ago, ns8401 said:

First use of the new look in a promo.. the new logo looks really good. The ghosted 7 is a nice touch. I’d say their debut is imminent.

Other than the monochrome logo, what else is new (to this untrained eye)?

40 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Other than the monochrome logo, what else is new (to this untrained eye)?

The monochrome logo Is new and apparently it has a blue and silver twin since they used both in the same promo. I think by doing the monochrome it actually made the logo look thinner and it is significantly smaller than the one they use for their on-air bug with the V2 package. The silver version also lacks the badly done shine effect that made the outside edge of the curve on the 7 look jagged with the current package. The blue background with ghosted 7 is brand new as well. Some of the fonts are different from what they’ve been using but I can’t pin that down as I’m not a font expert. The text message boxes are catching my eye especially in that regard.

Their feature promos featured barely any blue prior to this and no 7 logos hidden anywhere. This actually will be the first time there has been a ghosted 7 back behind anything since at least 2009 when they had their own Giant Octopus graphics and still used Eyewitness News for music. It’s subtle but I think it’s a nice touch on Scripps part.

Obviously all the L3’s are brand new as part of the new package. These are the first use of any official parts of the package on air. The monochrome 7 did make it into a couple of investigative promos over the past couple of weeks but that’s been it until this. One would imagine if this is like the other stations so far that used a piece here and there they’ll fully roll out the new look this week.

Somehow when they monochrome their logo it starts to look a little more like what some of the O&O’s use. Maybe I’m imagining things.

Edited by ns8401

1 hour ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Do we know when the goal is to have every station switched over? Summer? End of year?

I wonder if this would also include the stations that joined the group in 2019, Cordillera & Tribune.

On 2/9/2020 at 3:07 PM, JCB4TV said:

I wonder if this would also include the stations that joined the group in 2019, Cordillera & Tribune.

I’ve come to find out it will include the cordillera stations. Hearing several of them are getting ready to launch. Sorry WLEX package. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

I’ve come to find out it will include the cordillera stations. Hearing several of them are getting ready to launch. Sorry WLEX package. 

I'd like to see the reaction when these graphics hit Montana.

56 minutes ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

37 minutes ago, LexTVandRadio said:

Sounds like it won’t make the three year mark this July. A great package. 

Don't forget the KSBY package with the Tower music pkg.   They have used Tower since 2001.    It'll be a sad day if Tower is no longer heard on their airwaves.    KSBY's package could easily live on another 5 years without aging a day.  Very nice package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 3:07 PM, JCB4TV said:

It was mentioned a few weeks ago on this thread, but WTKR, WTVR and WPIX are keeping their existing graphics and music.

• Like 2
  • Concerned 1

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

It was mentioned a few weeks ago on this thread, but WTKR, WTVR and WPIX are keeping their existing graphics and music.

I wouldn't count on this being a long-term thing. Those stations need to migrate off the homemade Tribune CG and video systems eventually, and I highly doubt Scripps will put in the effort to convert those graphics packages to VizRT.

21 minutes ago, Weeters said:

I wouldn't count on this being a long-term thing. Those stations need to migrate off the homemade Tribune CG and video systems eventually, and I highly doubt Scripps will put in the effort to convert those graphics packages to VizRT.

This is an old post but didn't Scripps hire some VizRT artists are few years ago? https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/graphic-artist-vizrt-at-the-e-w-scripps-company-606772397/

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 10:59 PM, tyrannical bastard said:

I like it too.  If only WEWS had something like it, it would take away some of the pain of "lottery ball 5".

WCPO is their flagship, and WEWS was their founding station.  They need TLC like this in the worst way.

I would assume WEWS is their flagship station since the call letters represent the stations owner. 

3 hours ago, TheRyan said:

I don't remember if this was discussed but why would WTKR and WTVR be exempted from the new Scripps gfx?  I can perfectly see why at WPIX, but WTKR and WTVR seem mildly random to get exempted.

Unless they are looking to flip those stations?

• Like 1