Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

1 minute ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

So I guess Scripps decided it wasn’t important enough to incorporate the NBC chimes into this music like they did with Inergy?

That's an interesting question, I'm curious to know why Stephen Arnold couldn't incorporate the NBC chimes into the new music myself

• Like 3

1 minute ago, oknewsguy said:

That's an interesting question, I'm curious to know why Stephen Arnold couldn't incorporate the NBC chimes into the new music myself

Seems like it wouldn’t be that hard and would blend well. 

WPTV is the only NBC station to have the new music so far so I’ll hold my breath. Maybe they just opted not to use them? Maybe they’re still waiting on them?

Either way, I’m eager to hear the whole package.

Does anyone know when we’ll get a name for the package/a full demo compilation?

Edited by MarkBRollins88_v2

12 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Meanwhile here's the WFLX news open with the new graphics. All I'm gonna say is what in the name of frankfurt is the WFLX logo? 

It looks like you get at least 3 choices and we have them in both a horizontal or if you prefer to be more compact a vertical...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

only a handful of their nbc stations used the nbc version of inergy... not worth the extra expense for two stations to use...

17 minutes ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

While I generally don’t think these graphics are all that bad, this look and music does not fit a Fox station well.

always enjoy this site... quick to say stations need local flavor...  while also saying all stations need to "look/sound like" their affiliation...

there are lots of sleepy fox affiliates out there... not everyone is wsvn...

• Like 3
  • Concerned 1

I will pause my posting hibernation to say that WPTV's open is somewhere between meh and ok.  I do see an improvement on doing a combo of the WPTV logo, both white and full color, as well as the "News at 5PM" font.   On that particular open, it has somewhat better logic to the gfx execution.  So kudos to WPTV for that.

But WFLX's open is 100% rubbish.  And although their previous open was also bad, I have to say I like their previous open more already.  I'm no fan of this gfx package, although the music is marginally better than the gfx by comparison.   The morning cut used on KNXV is likeable, although that's the sole case I'm willing to 100% endorse the music.

On the music use in general:  I'm amazed that the stations seem to roughly dump out of the open audio for the bumper music...which appears evident even in the WPTV intro.  I hope that Scripps will improve on that and make it more seamless.

A final thought:  An open should have a strong local flair to it while remaining true to the overall branding strategy of the network.   That's all I'll say on the matter.

Edited by TheRyan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Meanwhile here's the WFLX news open with the new graphics. All I'm gonna say is what in the name of frankfurt is the WFLX logo? 

Blame the Raycom-era owners for this one; Gray will eventually get the standardized logo in, but they're still on their own drummer.

2 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

Is Scripps going for a "First Alert" weather branding for the stations? That won't work here in Lexington. WKYT/Gray already has that. 

No not all of them just the stations that have been using the First Alert brand will keep them everyone else should keep what they have been using like Storm Shield or their stations branding like KJRH for example just uses 2 Works For You Weather before that they were known as Storm Shield Weather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottSchell said:

No not all of them just the stations that have been using the First Alert brand will keep them everyone else should keep what they have been using like Storm Shield or their stations branding like KJRH for example just uses 2 Works For You Weather before that they were known as Storm Shield Weather.

And besides both KXXV and WTXL carried over the First Alert Weather branding from the Raycom era.

That and WPTV does news for WFLX (owned by Gray which brought Raycom and have been spreading the First Alert Weather branding to the legacy Gray stations)

• Like 1

Somebody in Tucson DID:

9 hours ago, C Block said:

I don't think KMGH has launched yet. The weather graphics have changed, but everything else looks old. That first video must have been a rehearsal or something. Notice how the super has some placeholder text in it.