Scripps Graphics 2019

LexTVandRadio
Message added by Weeters

There have been quite a few opinions expressed regarding these graphics. Please consider what you have previously stated when drafting new posts to this thread. Anyone who gets overly repetitive (i.e. repeatedly replying to this thread to express your distaste for the package) is subject to having their posting moderated.

1 hour ago, tvtime07 said:

Not a fan of the bubble. Seriously, in addition to these blue-white minimalist tones, it seems like they are mocking up a "Facebook" graphics theme. All they need are the hearts, thumbs ups and emojis to pop up on the screen.

Saw a new weather promo on WXYZ last night... the quotes about “what will the roads be like in the morning?” Etc are using these new bubbles... it looks ridiculous... still no new graphics but that certainly goes with the new theme...

Edited by ns8401

47 minutes ago, lugnuts6 said:

I just wonder if Lansing, Michigan Scripps owned WSYM TV plan on getting the new scripps look, or will they be stuck with the clunky Gray look [Gray's lansing,michigan NBC station WILX TV produces FOX47NEWS]

Well...there's your answer. Gray produces the newscast so they use their own stuff...

8 hours ago, tvtime07 said:

Not a fan of the bubble. Seriously, in addition to these blue-white minimalist tones, it seems like they are mocking up a "Facebook" graphics theme. All they need are the hearts, thumbs ups and emojis to pop up on the screen.

Bingo.  I haven't yet seen the WXYZ weather promo being discussed, but that whole gfx package is a mess.

On 12/18/2019 at 8:30 PM, lugnuts6 said:

I just wonder if Lansing, Michigan Scripps owned WSYM TV plan on getting the new scripps look, or will they be stuck with the clunky Gray look [Gray's lansing,michigan NBC station WILX TV produces FOX47NEWS]

Yeah being Gray operated, they will go with whatever Gray uses for WILX most likely when they update them...

Edited by MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie

On 12/18/2019 at 5:45 PM, tvtime07 said:

Well, we don't have to wonder what "Facebook Graphics" would look like, since they streamed some a few weeks ago when Mark Zuckerberg did a public town hall with employees.

(Spoiler: they seem to borrow "the frame" from Tegna. 😂)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

I would expect nothing better from a company like Facebook, just saying...

Nothing surprises me anymore about Facebook, clearly they couldn't come up with ANY original ideas on how to do their own graphics package for a presentation and instead basically just copied off of Tegna's graphics.

If Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg had a brain they would come up with something better than that but, of course they chose not to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2019 at 5:10 AM, TheRyan said:

Bingo.  I haven't yet seen the WXYZ weather promo being discussed, but that whole gfx package is a mess.

This is the shortened version... a couple bubbles appear and you get the idea... my normal equipment is out of service at the moment so this will have to do. 

• Like 2

Those bubble L3s look very odd in that promo.  Then again, the bubble gfx in the new intros are also random and out of place.  And it seems a bit weird they would have a mix of that gfx design with what appears to be a local adaptation of the ABC network graphics.

Edited by TheRyan

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Seems like we haven’t had a station roll out the new graphics in a while. Anyone know when/who might be next? Is there a timeline for when all of the stations will have the package?

My guess would be WRTV next and unfortunately no on the timeline I've asked the gm at KJRH but haven't gotten a response to that.

1 hour ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Seems like we haven’t had a station roll out the new graphics in a while. Anyone know when/who might be next? Is there a timeline for when all of the stations will have the package?

I would imagine we’ll get another in 1-2 weeks. The holidays put a kibosh on rollouts so next week work will begin again in earnest.

26 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Just a Denver update. I head the new SAM package signature on KMGH during the 10p. We'll likely be getting the new graphics soon.

Could it go something like KMGH being the next to receive the new package then WRTV to follow or could it go WRTV first then KMGH?

Regardless of the order, those are the 2 Scripps stations that will most likely receive the new package to start 2020

13 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Could it go something like KMGH being the next to receive the new package then WRTV to follow or could it go WRTV first then KMGH?

Regardless of the order, those are the 2 Scripps stations that will most likely receive the new package to start 2020

My sources say WRTV is still a few months out. 

51 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

It was during the Scripps slate. Has anyone in Indy heard the same signature in the Scripps slate?

WXYZ just started using the regular upbeat Inergy theme over the slate instead of the normal slate chime or just a regular L3 with copyright information instead of the slate. They are not using the Inergy signature for it, just the midsection of the theme. No sign of anything new in Detroit yet but the slate is worlds better with Inergy as the theme playing during it for what it’s worth. What’s got us thinking Indy may be next?

Edited by ns8401