Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Sign in to follow this  
Mrknowitall526

Cable company news programs

I don't think there is a thread for this anywhere, but I think it's an interesting topic.

How many cable companies have their own news?  Obviously Verizon just stopped producing FIOS1 News.

Here in eastern PA, Blue Ridge Communications puts on News 13.  They do hyper-local stories twice a night - no weekends.  Here's a link to a story from last week with a video of the report: https://www.brctv13.com/news/local-news/25119-lucky-to-be-alive-slatington-man-survives-head-on-collision?fbclid=IwAR0WT4w3yuYQCagNs4WF4LhlUlv69_RPDH0hF4ZXnJ0X0pZt_rBSac39WLY

Kind of low budget, although it is in HD, but the reporter just stands there staring at the camera without blinking!

It seems that Spectrum is the most prevalent.  They've added a lot of news operations under their control (especially in places like Ohio where TWC was dominant) and inherited many of the Time Warner & Bright House efforts that already existed.