WSMV New Graphics (Finally)

The opens and some elements have been updated to match the graphics in monitors on the station’s new set and the look of some of their recent promos.

Inside sources say the station will debut an all new graphics package in February and that the updated elements are temporary.

The 10pm is now known as News4 Tonight. More videos to come.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Mrtraveler01 said:

Finally deviating from NBC O&O graphics (or at least knock off of).

New VO too. Scott Chapin is an interesting choice. 

I'd say that Chapin returned, taking Jim Cutler's place as VO. Scott once did voiceover work for them (WSMV) in the 1990s, along with Ed O'Brien.

3 hours ago, who?cares said:

It appears to be a hybrid of the WOIO and KPTV packages. 

Matt Quinn did design both packages. https://mattquinncreative.com/

I'm waiting to see if other Meredith stations will receive new graphics along those lines as well.

Also, News 4 Nashville sounds much better than just News 4, IMO.

12 minutes ago, TennTV1983 said:

Matt Quinn did design both packages. https://mattquinncreative.com/

I'm waiting to see if other Meredith stations will receive new graphics along those lines as well.

Also, News 4 Nashville sounds much better than just News 4, IMO.

They more or less have. It's either the KPTV version or the WFTV version. The only ones that are not using either version is WNEM which is using the CBS O&O package and WGGB which is using the WABC package. 

1 minute ago, Mrtraveler01 said:

They more or less have. It's either the KPTV version or the WFTV version. The only one that is not using either version is WNEM which is using the CBS O&O package. 

WALA, KPHO, and KTVK would all like to have a word with you.

6 minutes ago, TennTV1983 said:

WALA, KPHO, and KTVK would all like to have a word with you.

Shoot, I did forget about WALA. My mistake.

KTVK/KPHO use the same L3s as the WFTV package. Just like KCTV (their opens mimic WFTV as well), KMOV, and WFSB. And thinking more about it, KVVU uses KPTV's package for the opens but mimics CNN for the L3.

10 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Here's the open and Breaking News, the graphics is not bad, In-Sink is an interesting choice though 

And In-Sink is an interesting choice - it followed Lauren Lowery from WISH!

7 hours ago, ttvn2000 said:

And In-Sink is an interesting choice - it followed Lauren Lowery from WISH!

Not only that, but it sounds like In-Sink has moved on to v.6, complete with the original eight-note signature (as opposed to the nine-note "Indiana" version). 

48 minutes ago, Yankees4life said:

I'm sorry but 

Tower >>>>> In-Sink

And the graphics look like a Nexstar knockoff

That particular cut of In Sink they're using seems to be lacking something.  It's not bad, but it doesn't come close to carrying the same strength as Tower. 

Personally I think they would sound better with In Sink v5 than what is presumably v6.

36 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

That particular cut of In Sink they're using seems to be lacking something.  It's not bad, but it doesn't come close to carrying the same strength as Tower. 

The update has that old-school NSM style of arrangement. The bed reminds me a bit of Momentum News. It's definitely a step back after WKBN's Impact masterpiece.

The Voice of Scott Chapin Is good, and the graphics are dimensional look a like of all of station in Tennessee which like to resemble the city of Nashville. Um, the music is rushed of In-Sink and that doesn't sound good I liked the Tower better (The Old music). Um I just don't like it it like a knockoff of WGCL CBS46 Atlanta and KPTV FOX 10 Portland graphics.

Archived