Days of Our Lives

Drew

With reports out the entire cast has been released from their contracts on Tuesday. Do you think the show will be going away? If so do you think they will launch an afternoon edition of Today or a network version of Access Daily? I doubt NBC would give the time back to the stations especially it going to be an election year and all the ad revenue from it all. Thoughts?

52 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

The rumor out there is that this was expected and the cast was aware as they are about 9-10 months ahead of taping schedule. Nothing to worry about. The renewal is expected in the near future.

https://people.com/tv/days-of-our-lives-hiatus-will-get-renewed-source/

Hopefully NBC makes the smart decision in renewing Days of our Lives.  I'd prefer to see the soaps than see the train-wreck of cheap talk shows, game shows, and courtroom shows.  With head writer Ron Carlivati, it would be destined to get better.

I miss seeing a lot of other canceled soaps.  As the World Turns and One Life to Live, near the end of their long runs were getting better.  Novel idea would've been for the soaps to be shortened back to half-hour in length, as less is more.

#SaveOurSoaps

IINM, the thing that is being missed by those who don't regularly cover the soap genre, is that Days, for some reason, likely a $$$ angle, got way ahead of itself production schedule-wise.  The last amount I heard was 8 months.  Apparently the TPTBs have decided they want a shorter turnaround time than that, I believe 2 months.  The only way to reduce that timeframe is to go out of production.  When they do go back to work regularly, the taping won't be so far ahead.  It's a bit difficult to keep everyone on contract and not doing anything for several months.  But, it will be interesting who all decides to stay with Days and who might not; the veteran actors like Bill & Susan Seaforth Hayes can probably coast those months while a younger, less-experienced actor might need other/different work to get them by.  I don't know exactly what the taping turnarounds are for the other current soaps, but I know it was around a month's time each for Another World and As the World Turns in their last years.

Archived