Telemundo 31 (WTMO) Orlando & Telemundo 49 (WRMD) Tampa to get new sets.

Gavin

Its about time. WTMO looks super cramped and their newscasts pretty much showed up.

I think NBCUniversal actually really needs to invest into putting new buildings for WTMO and WRMD because eventually, their small spaces will catch up to them and they'll need more room for expansion.

Here still wishing they move to either Universal Studios OR buy up the building that WMFE/NPR Orlando broadcast out of at East Colonial Dr. I drive past that building all the time.

But props for the new studio.

It may be cramped, but they are significant improvements. These may not be as important markets for them.  WTMO is only producing 2 hours a day, so not much is needed.  

Keep in mind in DC they are broadcasting from a converted prop store where there’s not even room for tripods like WTMO.  WZDC has a single PTZ camera facing the desk and two ceiling mounted ones - as there’s not enough floor space. I don’t think they have a “weather center” it’s a chroma wall and a standup area next to the desk. 

Here WTMO has several areas to shoot: the main desk, the one flat panel, the two vertical panels, the vertical panels with the flat panel, the weather center and the chroma key. They crammed a lot into the space.

Basically it fits their needs.  

2 hours ago, rkolsen said:

It may be cramped, but they are significant improvements. These may not be as important markets for them.  WTMO is only producing 2 hours a day, so not much is needed.  

Keep in mind in DC they are broadcasting from a converted prop store where there’s not even room for tripods like WTMO.  WZDC has a single PTZ camera facing the desk and two ceiling mounted ones - as there’s not enough floor space. I don’t think they have a “weather center” it’s a chroma wall and a standup area next to the desk. 

Here WTMO has several areas to shoot: the main desk, the one flat panel, the two vertical panels, the vertical panels with the flat panel, the weather center and the chroma key. They crammed a lot into the space.

Basically it fits their needs.  

Hopefully, it doesn't look awkwardly on TV when it finally debuts.

• 2 weeks later...

Here Tampa pictures, and it's smaller than Orlando I thought it be bigger since Tampa's News Department is younger than Orlando's 5 years this year. It's so small the weather is on the exact opposite side of the main news desk and monitor background, wonder how they gonna fit all the high-tech robotic cameras controlled by the control room.

Screenshot_20191125-184114.png

Screenshot_20191125-184055.png

Screenshot_20191125-184037.png

Screenshot_20191125-184033.png

Screenshot_20191125-184026.png

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Bsean said:

Just wondering, why is "weather center" in English here?

FB_IMG_1573512519480.thumb.jpg.ea7db796a876165f176e12a8b77bfa38.jpg

I have no idea maybe viewers won't see it in that shot so, maybe it excusable. Maybe they might change it to "Centro Del Tiempo".

Archived