Impeachment coverage

David Salter JR

It appears that the full house vote to impeach Trump will occur on Wednesday. If it happens at night, the 4 major networks would face a major dilemma as FOX and CBS have the finales of "The Masked Singer" and "Survivor" scheduled for that night. Would they preempt them for the vote? Would ABC junk it's All in the Family/Jeffersons live christmas special? And if the vote is delayed to Thursday, would NBC preempt the Miss America padgent?

16 minutes ago, David Salter JR said:

It appears that the full house vote to impeach Trump will occur on Wednesday. If it happens at night, the 4 major networks would face a major dilemma as FOX and CBS have the finales of "The Masked Singer" and "Survivor" scheduled for that night. Would they preempt them for the vote? Would ABC junk it's All in the Family/Jeffersons live christmas special? And if the vote is delayed to Thursday, would NBC preempt the Miss America padgent?

I would just run a double box and monitor the vote. We already know how the vote will go, and you can always take the chambers "full" if hilarity ensues.

28 minutes ago, 24994J said:

The congresspeople are still rambling on, but ABC is doing a wrap-up, and will let the affiliates get in some local news, ahead of World News Tonight. The GMA set has been working overtime today.

As has George. Surprised Muir wasn't anchoring when there was a break not too long ago. WTAE here did get in about 10 minutes of news, and then went right back to coverage...

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, David Salter JR said:

Okay, I don't mean to be quite the selfish pig, but I really hope ABC plans to reschedule the Live in Front of a Studio Audience special, because I'd had it up to here with the impeachment coverage. I mean, Come on, it's holidays. Open your Heart, will you?

• 4 weeks later...

coverage plans for the senate impeachment trial:

NBC: live coverage will be fronted by Lester Holt with Chuck Todd co-hosting from DC

CBS: Norah O'Donnell will anchor from DC

ABC: George Stepahnopolus anchors from New York with various guests joining him

FOX: coverage will be anchored by Bill Hemmer. Broadcasting and Cable is reporting that FOX broadcast coverage is optional to affiliates.

Martha Mccallum and Bret Bair will co-anchor on FNC.

4 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

Didn't really know where to put this but here--

Are any of the other NBC O&Os running a 7PM news in place of their early local news that (I assume) is getting pre-empted by coverage? Because WCAU is.

It seems like it. WNBC is also running a 7PM as well.

6 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

Are any of the other NBC O&Os running a 7PM news in place of their early local news that (I assume) is getting pre-empted by coverage? Because WCAU is.

WNBC is too, preempting Access Hollywood. Been since last night. 

Hearst stations here in New England are bumping impeachment coverage to their METV subchannels; they're getting roasted online by viewers expecting to see their favorite sitcoms. It appears to be a corporate mandate. Hey, aren't must-runs supposed to be, like, bad?

25 minutes ago, newsbot said:

Hearst stations here in New England are bumping impeachment coverage to their METV subchannels; they're getting roasted online by viewers expecting to see their favorite sitcoms. It appears to be a corporate mandate. Hey, aren't must-runs supposed to be, like, bad?

Not sure if WTAE is doing that here in Pittsburgh. I know they were showing Ellen at 4. Not sure if ABC went off around that time or they bumped the coverage to COZI TV. 

8 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

WCAU’s news was not preempted by impeachment coverage. They were on at 4, 5, and 6.

5 hours ago, james32746 said:

I wonder if any Fox O&O's are taking the optional impeachment coverage ?, here in Orlando, WRBW "Fox 35 Plus" is airing it, while WOFL is airing normal programming.

WTXF is not showing any impeachment coverage, only having a livestream on their website. AFAIK, none of their subchannels are showing it either.

6 hours ago, james32746 said:

I wonder if any Fox O&O's are taking the optional impeachment coverage ?, here in Orlando, WRBW "Fox 35 Plus" is airing it, while WOFL is airing normal programming.

WTTTG is forgoing impeachment coverage. Fox 5 plus WDCA aired the first day of the trial but nothing beyond that

Archived