Robach: ABC Killed Epstein Story

mountainave

I can understand ABC reluctance to air the story. They are charging s high profile person and implicated high profile friends of hideous crimes - ABC would inundated with lawsuits coming from everywhere. After all, they are an entertainment company, not the FBI.

what should have been done is to turn this info to the FBI and let them handle it.

is it more important to hold on this information so that the story can be an ‘exclusive’ news story or releasing this information to the FBI and saving future victims?

I understand her frustration, the story would have been a big boost in her career, but she is a reporter for an entertainment company and not in law enforcement 

Very interesting. I wonder what the context of the dialogue was? Looks like she's on a GMA set, could be weekday or weekend. Seems like she was talking with a group, possibly journalism interns or close GMA colleagues?  Odd that she would talk about this in front of cameras and on the set with a mic. I sense her frustration, especially since this became an important story to tell and things were lining up. Sad that ABC News laid over this story but are we really that surprised?  The Royals, Hilary running in the 2016 elections...this was going to be a complex story on all sides.

36 minutes ago, tvtime07 said:

Looks like she's on a GMA set, could be weekday or weekend.

I think it's actually the Nightline set (based on the backdrop looking like Times Square during the evening)......

29 minutes ago, J1975am said:

29 minutes ago, J1975am said:

I think it's actually the Nightline set (based on the backdrop looking like Times Square during the evening)......

Could be but GMA graphics are playing on outdoor signage, so it may actually be early morning if she's making the affiliate "coming up next on GMA" segments before the show starts on the East Coast.

23 minutes ago, tvtime07 said:

Could be but GMA graphics are playing on outdoor signage, so it may actually be early morning if she's making the affiliate "coming up next on GMA" segments before the show starts on the East Coast.

Oh, OK. Never thought of that......

19 hours ago, tvtime07 said:

Very interesting. I wonder what the context of the dialogue was? Looks like she's on a GMA set, could be weekday or weekend. Seems like she was talking with a group, possibly journalism interns or close GMA colleagues?  Odd that she would talk about this in front of cameras and on the set with a mic. I sense her frustration, especially since this became an important story to tell and things were lining up. Sad that ABC News laid over this story but are we really that surprised?  The Royals, Hilary running in the 2016 elections...this was going to be a complex story on all sides.

18 hours ago, tvtime07 said:

This was taped during the day- early morning hours I say 6AM before the main show at 7AM which shows the back drop of Bubba Gump shrimp and 1501 Broadway.  That current back drop shown is at 1515 Broadway- Viacom which has an electronic ad sign there and GMA uses that backdrop along with Times Square studios.

There it is...ABC's scandal. They were long overdue for something to climb out of the dirt. I always thought it was suspicious that with all the drama and bad mojo headlines coming out of Fox, NBC, CBS, and CNN that everything was apparently peachy sunshine rainbow fine at ABC.

31 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

There it is...ABC's scandal.

Not much of a scandal, IMO. "News organization declines to move ahead with story until properly sourced." Not exactly a headline that will rock anyone's world.

10 hours ago, LoadStar said:

Not much of a scandal, IMO. "News organization declines to move ahead with story until properly sourced." Not exactly a headline that will rock anyone's world.

agreed. When I first saw the headlines, I did think “oh boy.. this is bad...”.  Then, I watched the actual footage. Amy Robach is pissed (rightfully so) because she had a good chunk of the story years ago, but it wasn’t enough to make air before all the details began emerging. That happens every day. It’s the editorial process. Quite frankly, it should be happening more often rather than the constant rush to be first, only telling half the story with some sources and completely missing the boat in giving viewers and readers the full picture. 

1 hour ago, atlnewsfan03 said:

Megyn Kelly landed an interview with the staffer "alleged" to have leaked Amy Robach video.

Wow. Very interesting on 2 fronts.

First, the actual content of the interview is interesting. Ashley seems believable on the surface. The way she described what she did at ABC sounds like something a normal employee would do (in terms of the job duties clipping video, etc. Although, I've never heard the term crash producer.) Seems like the next step is to hear from CBS as to what info they had from ABC and whether it really was such a rash decision to let Ashley go and not hear her side of things, or if there is more to the story. (CBS seems unlikely to discuss "personnel matters", but lets wait and see.) Also, it's interesting that Ashley said others at ABC recorded the clip on their phones when they saw it.... as the video released by Project Veritas does look like that. I don't know how trackable that can be if at all.

Secondly, Megyn Kelly coming out of nowhere with this interview. How did she find out who it was so fast? Does Megyn have a "team" working with her on projects? Obviously this was filmed and put out pretty quickly. Kind of impressive really. But also a little fishy....hmmm.

5 hours ago, PTVNews said:

Secondly, Megyn Kelly coming out of nowhere with this interview. How did she find out who it was so fast? Does Megyn have a "team" working with her on projects? Obviously this was filmed and put out pretty quickly. Kind of impressive really. But also a little fishy....hmmm.

I wouldn't read too much into that...

It's really a small world media wise in NYC. Producers bounce all over each outlet on a rotating basis. And any one of those producers or MK could find a freelance camera crew in about 15 seconds ready to shoot the interview.

After you shoot it....ya "shop it".

Easy Peazy.

6 hours ago, PTVNews said:

I've never heard the term crash producer.

Basically it’s a producer who works on stories happening now for same day and/or next day air. When a story is “crashing” it’s usually breaking/developing news or any unplanned assignment that will need to be packaged quickly for an upcoming broadcast. 

Archived