WBAY new set??

Chief-O

After watching the 12PM, I honestly wonder if there will be a new set. They just redid some things here and there to reflect the "First Alert" branding (most particularly StormCenter 2 becoming "First Alert Weather").

The Facebook embed function doesn't show photo captions, but they told us to watch the 12PM for our "FIRST look".

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, 24994J said:

It should convert to an embed as soon as you paste the link. I fixed it for you, though.

OK—thanks.

You did give me reason to reply/update: I just remembered that WBAY’s been running a “Sunday Sports Night” promo with Chris Roth next to the video wall. I initially wondered if it was a virtual set. 

Also—can’t help but wonder if new music or graphics will be introduced as well. I wouldn’t mind a music change; never been a fan of their EWN:NG cuts. 

24 minutes ago, Chief-O said:

You did give me reason to reply/update: I just remembered that WBAY’s been running a “Sunday Sports Night” promo with Chris Roth next to the video wall. I initially wondered if it was a virtual set. 

It took me by surprise when I saw it and I thought 'did they do that promo in Wausau or Madison?' and seeing that they didn't. And I'm trying to figure out the gymnastics of where the new set is in their building, or if they've just been pushing in elements as they got them (it explains why we haven't seen the physical weather center for weeks, which is easy to hide if everyone outside the morning staff can work from home). They were also doing all of their advertorials at the anchor desk lately with the screen projecting the advertiser's background rather than in front of the greenscreen like they usually do.

I'm glad that wasn't the case and they're finally getting something quality. Good riddance (finally!) to the final Young set-in-a-box.

49 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

It took me by surprise when I saw it and I thought 'did they do that promo in Wausau or Madison?' and seeing that they didn't. And I'm trying to figure out the gymnastics of where the new set is in their building, or if they've just been pushing in elements as they got them (it explains why we haven't seen the physical weather center for weeks, which is easy to hide if everyone outside the morning staff can work from home). They were also doing all of their advertorials at the anchor desk lately with the screen projecting the advertiser's background rather than in front of the greenscreen like they usually do.

I'm glad that wasn't the case and they're finally getting something quality. Good riddance (finally!) to the final Young set-in-a-box.

One last holdout still left... WLNS/WLAJ in Lansing

Well, as promised, the new set is live, and it is gorgeous! It does look like lighting in the weather center could use work, though, but I'm sure they'll fix it.

And, as hfiles mentioned, EWN:NG has been (rightfully) retired. Sadly, my ability to ID music packages is no good anymore (edit: Didn't see CircleSeven's reply, but I'm glad I knew it was Arnold). Graphics are indeed the same; I can't see why they'd need to change them yet.

Eye candy below.

IMG_1331.png

IMG_1332.png

IMG_1336.png

IMG_1338.png

IMG_1339.thumb.png.22df644598a8ff426a7d91bfaee303a0.png

Weather is delivered from the video wall; no green screen/full-page graphic display. Sadly, I couldn't screen-shot the sweet aerial wide shot they took as David walked over.....

IMG_1341.thumb.png.d540a4055239e6722ccbf67325c42b19.png

16 minutes ago, Chief-O said:

Weather is delivered from the video wall; no green screen/full-page graphic display.

IMG_1341.thumb.png.d540a4055239e6722ccbf67325c42b19.png

I hope they can do something to spice up the portion of the videowall that doesn't have the weather graphics. You can hardly tell that that white/gray flying rectangle background is even on the other screens.

2 hours ago, Chief-O said:

I must say it looks better in the morning......

.....P.S. Is anyone else getting some Devlin vibes here?

No. Not really. It does however look like a hybrid of the standardized Gray and Raycom sets that FX has produced over the last couple of years.

Archived