WRAL (finally) Getting a New Set

TheMassMediaGeek

New studio debut is now set for Wednesday at Noon according to a video on WRAL's Facebook page.

EDIT: According to same said video, their new 4K-ready set is located in Studio A, which had been used for various programs over the years until recently.

EDIT #2: New set debut will now happen on Thursday at Noon. Also, here's a timelapse video of its construction.

https://www.wral.com/new-wral-studio-to-debut-thursday/18731912/

57 minutes ago, qunewsguy said:

The set looks nice. I wish they'd finally dump the last vestiges of the 2008 graphics though! Those are getting realllllllly dated.

Not really sure why they ditched the 2016 package.  They could've refined/simplified that a bit more  (getting rid of the lofty proclamations and tightening things up a bit) and it would look better than continually going back to that 2008 package!

It looks really sharp and modern. A European inspired look with an American flare. Honestly, I think it looks better than some network looks. I'm a big fan of that gigantic stylized 5 by the 20x11 monitor (the one without the call letters).

What will they be doing with the old space?

Archived