Georgie56

With all of the news breaking out over the last week about sexual harassment allegations at NBC News/MSNBC, especially with Ronan Farrow's book on the subject coming out this week, I thought I would make a general thread on the subject, in the same vein as the Fox News thread.

Discuss here.

NBC News released a long memo calling Ronan Farrow a liar today. How can the company with so much money and stature remain so stupid when it comes to these public issues? The statement today comes off as incredibly sleazy and it's clear that they knew the full extent of the allegations against Matt Lauer well before they took action on it.

Not sure who the affair is in reference to but the harassment piece is undoubtedly Ann Curry. It's been noted and confirmed by her in the past exactly what is stated in that portion. Matt and the EP at the time continuously harassed her during the off-screen moments of the show - poking fun at her clothes, her on-air delivery, etc. Matt was a huge ass, he deserves everything that comes his way.

Natalie Morales was heavily rumored to be having an affair with Matt but that always sounded like tabloid gossip.

4 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Not sure who the affair is in reference to but the harassment piece is undoubtedly Ann Curry. It's been noted and confirmed by her in the past exactly what is stated in that portion. Matt and the EP at the time continuously harassed her during the off-screen moments of the show - poking fun at her clothes, her on-air delivery, etc. Matt was a huge ass, he deserves everything that comes his way.

Natalie Morales was heavily rumored to be having an affair with Matt but that always sounded like tabloid gossip.

But yet I heard amy's name thrown around too 

5 hours ago, brianpr3 said:

But yet I heard amy's name thrown around too 

Oh wow. Amy Robach did leave NBC in 2012 and move to ABC. She was also much more of a rising star at that time compared to Natalie who was more entrenched as a Today personality already.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, brianpr3 said:

But when you release one party of the agreement...ALL parties are released.

That could backfire on some "victims" and others who accepted money in the original settlement...Including NBC.

• 6 months later...

Archived