FOX O&O begins rolling out new graphics

ATLNewsHawk

• 24994J pinned and unpinned this topic
24 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Different opens and insert/transition graphics don't necessarily point to a new O&O package. When normal lower thirds start to change, then we can take notice. Until then, it appears that the bosses are allowing some autonomy.

I hear that a new look is coming soon, and yes, it draws a lot from what we've already seen with the new WNYW opens.

48 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Variations of the Standardized graphics look like this:

Though WTVT and WJBK have the same open:

And WJZY got the same open WTVT and WJBK got as well

The WTVT/WJBK opening version could work for KTVU since it uses circles in the animations. Just slap the Laser 2 circle and you’re good. 

I noticed they have been saying “KTVU Channel 2 News.” in their teases and bumps a lot more than “KTVU FOX 2 News.” They’re going back to their original non O&O days again.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:52 PM, C Block said:

I hear that a new look is coming soon, and yes, it draws a lot from what we've already seen with the new WNYW opens.

With Fox and Scripps soon to really jump on the flat trend, that will leave us with NBC as far as standardized looks go.

Cox also has some stations who have not gone on the flat trend (WFXT (former Fox O&O), WSB, WJAX/WFOX, WHBQ (former Fox O&O}, and WHIO (their opens even still have the HD mention)). On the other hand, the new Cox Communications logo is flat, and KIRO, WFTV, and WPXI have jumped on the flat trend.

I don't like flat design. I've said it before. Also, a decade ago when it wasn't as ubiquitous I was okay with it. The world kinda sucks these days.

Archived