NESN got a new logo.

AaronQ

16 minutes ago, AaronQ said:

So NESN got a new logo today, and honestly, I'm not really a fan of it.

Well, uhh, wow, that's is a major departure from the ticket.

It's all up to the execution of their visual identity to convince the masses that this look is worthwhile. By judging their Twitter header, I'll give 'em a bit of hope.

1080x360

So NESN is now a tech startup? This logo doesn't make much sense to me. The squiggly N is kinda cool, but the notches in the N's in NESN seem out of place. Also... enough of the Avenir/Gotham/Proxima Nova already.

57 minutes ago, AaronQ said:

This logo is perfect...

if NESN is an electric and energy consortion or animal preservation group or music company that shills re-recorded easy listening compilation albums.

I'll wait until I see it motion, but for now this creation doesn't fit this network's brand of local sports one bit.

(Golf, maybe, but not everything else).

2 hours ago, qunewsguy said:

So NESN is now a tech startup? This logo doesn't make much sense to me. The squiggly N is kinda cool, but the notches in the N's in NESN seem out of place. Also... enough of the Avenir/Gotham/Proxima Nova already.

I've been over geometric sans serifs being everywhere for years now.

Can we also get a "hell no" to those weird exaggerated inktraps in the N's?

52 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

Yeah, this isn't gonna fly in Boston.

The blowback on their Instagram page is already pretty fierce. Also, why go through the trouble if you're gonna have your new graphics be a step down from your old ones?

Sky Sports wants their font back lol

I guess the logoform is trying to engender the rolling hills of New England? I'm probably reaching though. 

On the bright side though, they've finally abandoned Interstate as their presentation font. Other than that, throw it in the trash.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived