Byron Allen buys 11 Heartland Media stations

TheRolyPoly

14 hours ago, C Block said:

“Over the past six months we’ve invested nearly $500 million to acquire best-in-class, top-tier, broadcast network affiliates,” said Allen, founder, chairman and CEO of Entertainment Studios. “We plan to invest approximately $10 billion to acquire ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox television stations over the next three years with the goal of being one of the largest broadcast television groups in America.”

Where's he finding this money? And what stations is he going to buy that haven't already been gobbled up by the big station groups?

13 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Y'all forget this dude was a comedian at first. Maybe this is all part of his act.

Also don't forget he does have some limited control in the former Fox RSNs (primarily related to content seen on those FSNs) I do wonder if he intends to purchase TV stations in markets where he has some "control" in the FSNs? 

I'm not sure how or where he's getting that $10 Billion from but Byron was brought on for the RSNs and is now branching out into Television. He also has the Weather Channel too so he's very bullish on TV in general, but he's getting it from some place.

Follow up from that post.

Now that I think about it, Allen is buying these stations for leverage with not only his content at Entertainment Studios but also with The Weather Channel as well.

So my thinking is he could target some of the notables like Weigel, Capitol, etc.

Archived