FOX Business Network Refreshing Look

Big Country News

Out with the Gold, In With the Blue!

FOX Business has announced that, starting Monday, they will unveil a refreshed look, website, and app.

Promo and Explanation from Maria Bartiromo: 
https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6090376741001/#sp=show-clips

Forbes Article:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2019/09/29/fox-business-network-set-to-debut-refreshed-branding-monday/#133fd67b1224

Fox Business doesn't just sound like Fox News... Now they look like them, too.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/fox-business-network-refresh-barrons-fox-news-1203353248/

Gone is the gold logo.  Now it's blue and red, also like Fox News.

I think it's a shame. Fox Business had some of the most beautiful graphics in cable news. Everything seemed to be planned and it all lined up nicely. This look was definitely a step-up for Fox News a while back but it feels like a major downgrade for Fox Business. But I understand the benefits of having a similar look for both networks.

To be honest, the gold logo reminds me more of Trump than the new one. He loves his gaudy gold.

I like this change. The FNC package is not a bad package. The old FBN graphics had the same problems that the old FNC package had: Unnecessary flash and 3D in an era where that's becoming less and less popular. The new package brought order to FNC, where there was no rhyme or reason to their graphics for years.

And it does look better than CNBC. 

They really deserve a new package. And - despite looking like Fox News' twin - it looks excellent. The logo looks fresher than the last iteration (looking similar to yet different from FNC's).

At the time of its debut and thereafter, the old package was better than Fox News hodgepodge of packages (before they debuted their excellent current look). But as the years pass, FBN's awkward and flashy gold on-air image aged badly (to the point where [current] FNC looked better).

So this refresh is needed and very well-done.

The only gripe here is that the network and FNC are visually one and the same now.

Also...

On 9/29/2019 at 1:46 PM, Big Country News said:

Out with the Gold, In With the Blue!

Clever. Very Clever.

4 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

Fox Business doesn't just sound like Fox News... Now they look like them, too.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/fox-business-network-refresh-barrons-fox-news-1203353248/

Gone is the gold logo.  Now it's blue and red, also like Fox News.

I think it's a shame. Fox Business had some of the most beautiful graphics in cable news. Everything seemed to be planned and it all lined up nicely. This look was definitely a step-up for Fox News a while back but it feels like a major downgrade for Fox Business. But I understand the benefits of having a similar look for both networks.

Perhaps its the start of an eventual rebranding to Fox News 2?

3 minutes ago, TheOneManHerd said:

I mean, that’s what it is already.

Coming soon! Fox News 8: The Eight.

But think about it, outside of the financial shows and infomercials, what do you have? Fox News-style opinion shows. Going all in on them will give Fox News double the audience and reach!

I checked out FBN during the day and there were barely any reports from the NYSE or other trading floors. It was mostly interviews and panels. Just like the rest of cable news. No more bumping into and out of breaks with live stock charts. Very different from what I remember.

Looks better than what they had.  I don’t think I was ever a fan, the graphical look before was too gaudy and in some cases parts weren’t used.  During some shows I once had one they’d replace an area where data with just a image saying find Fox Business with your provider.

13 hours ago, Weeters said:

I like this change. The FNC package is not a bad package. The old FBN graphics had the same problems that the old FNC package had: Unnecessary flash and 3D in an era where that's becoming less and less popular. The new package brought order to FNC, where there was no rhyme or reason to their graphics for years.

These days when you can get a ticker check on your phone, just having an overwhelming amount of graphics doesn't seem to work any longer (Bloomberg still looks like a text version of a Hoarders episode with so many undecodable graphs and abbreviations). It now matches up exactly with FNC, but in this case it's not exactly the worst thing in the world to have a united graphics look.

I'm not understanding this talking point that implies that there's less information on the screen now. The attached images are not a perfect 1:1 comparison but the best I have at the moment.

It's the same amount of information.  They made the ticker text a bit smaller but now there are five lines of text overall instead of the original four, with the show's logo (which alternates with guests' names) taking up a lot of real estate.

FBN.jpg

Archived