KCAL 9 rerunning 12 noon news at 1 pm?

CalItalian2

KCAL 9, as I post this, is rerunning the 12 noon news at 1 pm instead of two half hours of Hot Bench. They even have the 12 noon hour time bug on the screen as it played out one hour ago to the minute!This kind of unprofessionalism I'd expect and forgive in Pocatello, Idaho but not Los Angeles. Ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, CalItalian2 said:

KCAL 9, as I post this, is rerunning the 12 noon news at 1 pm instead of two half hours of Hot Bench. They even have the 12 noon hour time bug on the screen as it played out one hour ago to the minute!This kind of unprofessionalism I'd expect and forgive in Pocatello, Idaho but not Los Angeles. Ridiculous. 

My guess is (and it is possible, but not probable) that KCAL did not receive the episodes of Hot Bench that they were supposed to receive for that day (and it's a CBS-distributed show). Usually, a station would have had a backup episode or two ready to go if that was the case, but I guess KCAL did not, hence the rebroadcast of the noon news......

Archived