Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
tyrannical bastard

The WNEP Newswatch 16 Thread for ALL of Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania!

There was a Talkback 16 segment that aired earlier tonight.

They did have a portion where callers were calling in about the "new changes" that WNEP was promoting in the lead up to today (its toward the end of the video).

https://www.wnep.com/mobile/article/opinion/talkback/talkback-16-coronavirus-and-kurts-hair/523-4d31169b-73c0-404e-b200-391d597d762b

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 9:14 PM, Mrtraveler01 said:

There was a Talkback 16 segment that aired earlier tonight.

They did have a portion where callers were calling in about the "new changes" that WNEP was promoting in the lead up to today (its toward the end of the video).

https://www.wnep.com/mobile/article/opinion/talkback/talkback-16-coronavirus-and-kurts-hair/523-4d31169b-73c0-404e-b200-391d597d762b

"I noticed you changed the color from purple to blue, so I'm hoping it's going to stay blue for every newscast."

Oh that poor man. I can only imagine his horror when he woke up in the morning and when he saw that TalkBack using blue, purple and orange. Joking aside, I wonder what kind of changes Tegna might have made if they had this type of feed back in 2017/18. It makes one think if this is WNEP's sly knock at Tegna.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

You have to wonder if the people complaining about the size of the font are watching it on the SD feed.

I figured the font size would be one complaint, but I didn't realize how passionate people were about the colors in a newscast. 

Edited by Mrtraveler01
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 8:09 AM, Mrtraveler01 said:

You have to wonder if the people complaining about the size of the font are watching it on the SD feed.

I figured the font size would be one complaint, but I didn't realize how passionate people were about the colors in a newscast. 

Because NEPA is a special place.  

-- Matt

• Like 1

I remember when Belo changed the graphics at WWL back 8 or 9 years ago (I think) with a rotating logo bug in the right corner. The viewers complained left and right on social media and probably via phone too and within a week the rotating graphic was frozen. I wonder if more complaints ensued once Belo and Gannett merged to become TEGNA and launched the standardized packages to WWL. I'm sure Tegna brass said "to hell with the viewers" this time. I bet someone at WNEP gave Tegna brass the run down on what effects could happen if they ditch MCTYW Schwartz-style like ABC did with WPVI.

Posted (edited)

Nobody-Likes-Him.PNG

Spoiler

I give it 2 days before this shows up on FTVLive.

Edited by TSSZNews
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

Nobody-Likes-Him.PNG

Hide contents

I give it 2 days before this shows up on FTVLive.

Haha ...

I remember the days when Scott was at ABC27.  I like him.  Leave him alone WNEP! lol

-- Matt

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

The question is....what is WNEP Newswatch 16 doing with porta-potties?

The same thing KUSA is doing with them - ensuring talent and photogs working in the field don't have to come inside to use the bathroom and potentially spread the coronavirus.

Not a joke.

Edited by TSSZNews

2 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

The same thing KUSA is doing with them - ensuring talent and photogs working in the field don't have to come inside to use the bathroom and potentially spread the coronavirus.

Not a joke.

That makes sense.  They're also good with keeping the sewer lines cleaner especially if people are resorting to less "flush-ready" methods of toilet paper.

Posted (edited)

I'm a little bummed about WTHR getting Tegnafied (on top of everything else), so it's really nice to see WNEP being the little corner of the Tegna empire that is still kinda doing its own thing. I saw WNEP's stuff a few times when visiting family years ago, but I also completely forgot about Talkback 16 (I remember seeing clips on Last Week Tonight a few years ago)—the criticism and praise of the graphics from random people was just....perfect.

Also, I just realized with WNEP being owned by Tribune previously, they were using the graphics that I think started at WTTV...it looks like they left the swirling CBS logo background in a few places hoping people wouldn't notice?!

IMG_0032.jpeg

Edited by ecs0013