The WNEP Newswatch 16 Thread for ALL of Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania!

Well, looks like I've done it again, started another discussion in a thread since a certain sale went through that put this station in the hands of someone with a track record of mucking up things....

And since it's the Music thread, it's a pretty good idea why this thread should exist.....

Because if a piece of news music can literally get into one's head, inspire protests that demand it's reinstatement, and a loyal bunch of viewers that are as fun to listen to for their insights....

Go for it moderators....you know you want to....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Swing...and a miss.

Oh well, some things were better left undone.  Audition may be a good tool, but it can do it's evil too.

I wonder how Northeastern & Central Pennsylvanians will react to this....would this be much worse than losing the theme entirely?

Let's go to Talkback 16...

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/3/3/isnt-that-a-month-late

The Tegna-fication begins Wednesday at noon.

Here's hoping it's ONLY the graphics....

UPDATE....according to reporter Ally Gallo...THE MUSIC IS STAYING!!!!!

Edited by tyrannical bastard
Good news!
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, TheMassMediaGeek said:

Now I wonder how many people are going to complain about the Tegna graphics on the next Talkback 16? 🤔

If I remember, when the graphics switched to the Tribune set a couple years ago, Talkback showcased moaning about tiny text, ESPECIALLY with the lottery numbers.  I'd expect similar as some of the ticker text, and the temp bug are in such a thin text older folks will want that bolded up cause they won't look great on those old Zenith tube TVs.

Edited by NEPANews

1 hour ago, TheMassMediaGeek said:

Now I wonder how many people are going to complain about the Tegna graphics on the next Talkback 16? 🤔

It'll be a three hour special in prime time two weeks from now and cause all life in SWB and the Lehigh Valley to come to a halt. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, NEPANews said:

If I remember, when the graphics switched to the Tribune set a couple years ago, Talkback showcased moaning about tiny text, ESPECIALLY with the lottery numbers.  I'd expect similar as some of the ticker text, and the temp bug are in such a thin text older folks will want that bolded up cause they won't look great on those old Zenith tube TVs.

They'd already enlarged the time/temp text on the 4.

VGmbSnJ.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hfiles said:

I'm not going to lie, part of me was hoping they'd adopt the Sixeme Son "oohs and ahhhs" just to watch the world burn.

Motion for a Cliff Schwarz / Sixeme Son West Side Story style musical duel. Marching band vs. Glee club!

4 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

It'll be a three hour special in prime time two weeks from now and cause all life in SWB and the Lehigh Valley to come to a halt. 😉

Pre-empt the Wednesday comedy lineup. Bet it would get better ratings. #danceparty

• Like 1
  • Haha 4