Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
tyrannical bastard

The WNEP Newswatch 16 Thread for ALL of Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania!

Recommended Posts

Well, looks like I've done it again, started another discussion in a thread since a certain sale went through that put this station in the hands of someone with a track record of mucking up things....

 

And since it's the Music thread, it's a pretty good idea why this thread should exist.....

 

Because if a piece of news music can literally get into one's head, inspire protests that demand it's reinstatement, and a loyal bunch of viewers that are as fun to listen to for their insights....

 

Go for it moderators....you know you want to....

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the reactions to this--

 

 

I cannot wait for the shitstorm to ensue when WNEP picks up the Tegna theme.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

Based on the reactions to this--

 

 

I cannot wait for the shitstorm to ensue when WNEP picks up the Tegna theme.

 

16 … WNEP … The NEEEEWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSS Station!!!

 

-- Matt

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 11:48 PM, tyrannical bastard said:

If anyone ever thought combining that god-awful C-Clarity with the WNEP National Anthem was possible....

You're welcome.

You were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you actually should.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swing...and a miss.

 

Oh well, some things were better left undone.  Audition may be a good tool, but it can do it's evil too.

 

 

I wonder how Northeastern & Central Pennsylvanians will react to this....would this be much worse than losing the theme entirely?

Let's go to Talkback 16...

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, this guy is probably sitting in his chair singing to it. 🙂

 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lucas Welter said:

News open:

 

Now I wonder how many people are going to complain about the Tegna graphics on the next Talkback 16? 🤔

Edited by TheMassMediaGeek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, TheMassMediaGeek said:

Now I wonder how many people are going to complain about the Tegna graphics on the next Talkback 16? 🤔

If I remember, when the graphics switched to the Tribune set a couple years ago, Talkback showcased moaning about tiny text, ESPECIALLY with the lottery numbers.  I'd expect similar as some of the ticker text, and the temp bug are in such a thin text older folks will want that bolded up cause they won't look great on those old Zenith tube TVs.

Edited by NEPANews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to lie, part of me was hoping they'd adopt the Sixeme Son "oohs and ahhhs" just to watch the world burn.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMassMediaGeek said:

Now I wonder how many people are going to complain about the Tegna graphics on the next Talkback 16? 🤔

It'll be a three hour special in prime time two weeks from now and cause all life in SWB and the Lehigh Valley to come to a halt. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NEPANews said:

If I remember, when the graphics switched to the Tribune set a couple years ago, Talkback showcased moaning about tiny text, ESPECIALLY with the lottery numbers.  I'd expect similar as some of the ticker text, and the temp bug are in such a thin text older folks will want that bolded up cause they won't look great on those old Zenith tube TVs.

They'd already enlarged the time/temp text on the 4.

VGmbSnJ.png

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hfiles said:

I'm not going to lie, part of me was hoping they'd adopt the Sixeme Son "oohs and ahhhs" just to watch the world burn.

Motion for a Cliff Schwarz / Sixeme Son West Side Story style musical duel. Marching band vs. Glee club!

 

4 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

It'll be a three hour special in prime time two weeks from now and cause all life in SWB and the Lehigh Valley to come to a halt. 😉

Pre-empt the Wednesday comedy lineup. Bet it would get better ratings. #danceparty

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.