Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
tjt24

The "3" Thread

40 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

Don't forget Hometeam 19/43, 43 The Block, numerous attempts from WKYC (5:30, Weekday Fever, multiple attempts at a one-hour 6pm newscast), Today's Morning Exchange, any of WEWS' in-house attempts to replace Ted Henry, Cleveland Television News (WOIO and WUAB's merged newsroom circa 1995), and so on.  Am I missing anything?

Speaking of ei8ht is News, here are commercials from when WJW was transitioning from that branding to FOX 8.  Even the announcer was calling it "Fox ei8ht is News."

There was even a period in between the 2 brands when WJW used the "FOX 8" logo and "is news" together right when they relaunched with the new set.   Several weeks later, that was dropped and they fully became "FOX 8 News"

Speaking of WJW, they had an 11pm rebroadcast of their 10pm show on WBNX for about a year.  This was about a year after the CBS/FOX switch and lasted until right before FOX took ownership of WJW.

I'll just say this: remember that the changes at WKYC are more WKYC's doing than Tegna. Just like how Raycom/Gray allowed WOIO to have autonomy from the other Graycom stations. Worst case scenario, WKYC can go back to Troika/C Clarity when the refresh package comes out.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, NEOMatrix said:

I'll just say this: remember that the changes at WKYC are more WKYC's doing than Tegna. Just like how Raycom/Gray allowed WOIO to have autonomy from the other Graycom stations. Worst case scenario, WKYC can go back to Troika/C Clarity when the refresh package comes out.

I wonder if WBNS and WTHR get to keep the same kind of autonomy. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I would tweak WBNS if it were me, but obviously they don't need a ground up rebuild.

Edited by DirtyHarry

On 10/8/2019 at 5:48 PM, NEOMatrix said:

In the past, WKYC put out things that were WAY BETTER than what Gannett forced on them.

Now, a little corporate intervention might be nice...

Especially with things like this...

17 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

In the past, WKYC put out things that were WAY BETTER than what Gannett forced on them.

Now, a little corporate intervention might be nice...

Especially with things like this...

Lunch Break with Jay Crawford: Because WKYC badly wanted to rip-off Sunny Side Up. 😝

A .1 for the first 15 minutes and scratched the second 15 minutes. Way to go, Tegna. What a joke. (Also, running an infomercial after the noon ‘news’? Really?)

1 hour ago, Greggo said:

(Also, running an infomercial after the noon ‘news’? Really?)

That sweet Medicare Part D ad money from Humana and the like is too irresistible to refuse. It's free money until December, why not take it?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Live on Lakeside isn't doing much better either.

I don't think that's ever been a ratings winner. But as long as they're selling spots and making money, it's here to stay.

This Medicare stuff may as well be the next cash cow for broadcast TV.  It happens every year, unlike most major political races and sporting events....

On that note, if they're raking in the dough with this and having the Browns on MNF, they can probably afford to "experiment" with things and not have it hit their budget too much....It's just ironic that they're trying to ensnare younger viewers while selling their souls to the retired who need to supplement their Medicare coverage....

Edited by tyrannical bastard