The "3" Thread

tjt24

I’m sorry but that weather bar is not great...lose it and the L3s are much better. Also, the opens are too ADHD. If they were as simple and calm as WCCO circa late 2000s, then I would forgive the graphics. Overall, decent intentions, meh execution.

Again, lose the damn weather bar! Even Sinclair pulls it off better than this!5CB3DE4B-D948-4D39-9D49-88C89699CF90.thumb.jpeg.f59fd810b1796de989fc93fddb86ffdb.jpeg

Edited by NEOMatrix

I set an alarm to watch the 5am show (and I'm not a morning person).. I love the new graphics. The Troika look is awesome, but they really made this package work. I also really like their new music, whatever it is. But, a question who watches WKYC more often- is the content much different? The mornjng show seems pretty much the same content-wise.

5 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

I havta admit these graphics look pretty neat, but I agree with NEOMatrix, that weather bar looks pretty bad. If it were moved to the bottom, it would look better.

Here's some video in the meantime:

The male anchor does not seem comfortable in the end of the video.  As for the new look and logo, it looks rather blah.  I think the folks at Dick Goddard Way are smiling right now.

12 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

The male anchor does not seem comfortable in the end of the video.  As for the new look and logo, it looks rather blah.  I think the folks at Dick Goddard Way are smiling right now.

More like the folks at E. 30th and at Reserve Square are smiling. WKYC seems to be trying a more female-focused newscast (as evidenced by a lot of the news promos and also the colors. IIRC, the last station in Cleveland to try to be more female-focused was WOIO's "Snoozefest 19" and boy that worked well.

• Like 2

Now WOIO has gone back to their "Action News" roots sort of.

Back to WKYC, here's an article on the new look and design.  The comments section is not too kind on the changes.  They just want the news.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2019/09/channel-3-becomes-wkyc-studios-newscasts-get-new-names-in-station-rebrand.html

5 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

That breaking news graphic placement ... 🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮

— Matt 

9D80D6F3-1C70-47FD-8656-3732BE5751B1.png

An American attempt at being European. If you feel the need to air a package about how your new look will work, it's probably too complicated. Or you think your viewers are total idiots.

As a nitpick: you can have a logo that emphasizes the "all encompass" of WKYC and seem a little more inspired than that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

Now WOIO has gone back to their "Action News" roots sort of.

Back to WKYC, here's an article on the new look and design.  The comments section is not too kind on the changes.  They just want the news.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2019/09/channel-3-becomes-wkyc-studios-newscasts-get-new-names-in-station-rebrand.html

2009210275_ScreenShot2019-09-23at5_16_53PM.thumb.png.67d26a4ffc12ef71884bdaf567506995.png

I like this comment

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

It's terrible. It does not stand out at all. This is the fact that management is lost. The thin logo, complete failure. They also

went back to the Orange paint for the newsroom that they used when the station debuted in the building in 2001.

I guess they had some extra paint cans in the back. This is completely unacceptable and the logo is... ?

Does the left bar show drive times or traffic information in the morning? That's something where it would be extremely useful to have in a prominent, constant spot in the morning.

Other than that - I'm willing to give it a "first day" pass, but they don't have much time to figure this out.