New KOIN graphics?

PTVNews

1 hour ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

The only reason I brought it up is we've seen many graphics/branding/set updates with various ABC stations and using that as a chance to switch it over and fail

Yes! I know. It's absolutely the lowest bar and yet many can't meet it. Just demonstrates the fine people stations are hiring to direct their creative teams.

Caught a WGNO newscast a couple of days ago.  They've tightened up their color scheme by losing the more "purple" shade of blue from their graphics (ticker and bug).

Since this is New Orleans, it probably should have been the one they kept and implemented throughout, but at least it's more consistent now.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 7:38 AM, Duc4TVNewsTalk said:

WBOY had the Nexstar NBC graphics. That means the end of any WVMH-era (KTLA Hothaus) graphics on the station.

And this is actually the generic version of the NBC graphics, called NDC-1.

Edited by H-Town TV Fan
I misunderstood the original quote and thought it said no former WV Media Holdings had the old graphics.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

At the very least, in the places like St. Louis and Denver with a shared operation with the FOX look, give the CW stations the WDKY variant?

That way it looks LESS lazy than the way it is now with BOTH stations sharing the same look.

They have the unfortunate distinction of having the same schedules (and counter-program opportunities vs the others) as network affiliates, so they need to be as different as possible.

Edited by tyrannical bastard

On 4/29/2022 at 5:06 AM, ABC 7 Denver said:

I like how they are so lazy that the slate shows Kansas. Like, who cares?

NOT ONLY THAT, but all of the cities listed in the slate are in the Nashville viewing area.

What is happening.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ctmajka said:

NOT ONLY THAT, but all of the cities listed in the slate are in the Nashville viewing area.

What is happening.

Running all stations like they're in Scranton and investing in them that way because you are ignorant to market size and diversity.

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Running all stations like they're in Scranton and investing in them that way because you are ignorant to market size and diversity.

I’d make an exception for WGN, but that’s only because they had the wisdom to leave well enough alone over there (so far) and not because of any improvements they’ve made.

On 4/29/2022 at 6:06 AM, ABC 7 Denver said:

I like how they are so lazy that the slate shows Kansas. Like, who cares?

8 hours ago, ctmajka said:

Where are you seeing this????