KCCI new set

LOWERCASE GUY

7 minutes ago, Oliverolang said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they went back to their roots of using their newsroom as the main set again.  Sister stations WPBF and WLKY have newsroom sets.

Hmm you might need WXII too…they also have a working newsroom too as their main set WITH anchor chairs for them to sit amid standing in the middle of the set. Hope their next too that I forgot to mention earlier

11 hours ago, rkolsen said:

That desk definitely looks like the kind they would roll out at trade shows or events. Is that a real backdrop or windows?

Def TV screens. Studio lights don't reflect off of windows like that.

3 hours ago, Oliverolang said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they went back to their roots of using their newsroom as the main set again.  Sister stations WPBF and WLKY have newsroom sets.

There's no way. Every Hearst station's set refresh has been a variant of the same design. Big monitor wall behind the desk, then variations of other monitors on the sides. WESH, KETV, WISN, KOCO, KCRA, KMBC... 

18 hours ago, Kyle R said:

There's no way. Every Hearst station's set refresh has been a variant of the same design. Big monitor wall behind the desk, then variations of other monitors on the sides. WESH, KETV, WISN, KOCO, KCRA, KMBC... 

I will say, despite being derivatives of a common design, the sets manage to be unique enough to fit the station, unlike the Quincy copycat set-in-a-box model where every station has literally the same set.

1 hour ago, AJClementeFan69 said:

I will say, despite being derivatives of a common design, the sets manage to be unique enough to fit the station, unlike the Quincy copycat set-in-a-box model where every station has literally the same set.

WLKY had their set overhaul not too long ago (2015 i think?) and it was still a nod to the Newsroom set. they JUST put the Monitor Array on the right side of the newsroom not too long ago.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:08 PM, AJClementeFan69 said:

You'll start to see this more and more as graphic hubs are starting to dictate the large display ratio layouts throughout the set, so they can in turn create universal graphics & templates that will work for all of their stations.  The creativity, or in some cases the lack thereof, will speak for itself...cookie cutter or unique.  You decide!

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2019 at 10:25 PM, Kyle R said:

Launch got delayed but it should go live shortly after Labor Day. 

I just watched the story on the new set on KCCI's YouTube channel and Eric Hanson (the morning anchor) said that it actually debuted on Labor Day on the Noon newscast.

Archived