Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
GoldenShine9

Hurricane Dorian: Coverage

I know it is still a couple days away, but how have Florida stations been working it so far? I'm sure they are all going to call in reinforcements from sister stations.

What stations are in potential evacuation zones on the Florida east coast?

Posted (edited)

Miami stations are already in extended coverage. WFOR seems to be the only maintaining a regular program for now. However WTVJ extended their midday newscast until 1 today and now have a special 7 pm newscast. Then there is this from chief met John Morales 

Edited by USNewsie

DirecTV/AT&T have the severe weather channels ready, channels will go live  sometime tonight.   

So far I'm disappointed in coverage quality overall. Doesn't seem like networks are putting reporters on scene to report as much as they are just showing social media postings.

40 minutes ago, PTVNews said:

So far I'm disappointed in coverage quality overall. Doesn't seem like networks are putting reporters on scene to report as much as they are just showing social media postings.

ABC will have nine reporters live (two in the Bahamas) on Good Morning America.

Jacksonville, West Palm Beach and Daytona Beach, FL, Savannah, GA, Myrtle Beach and Charleston, SC, and Wilmington, NC are some of the cities with tv stations that are most likely to be hit. Here's a list by city:

Jacksonville, FL:

WJXT (IND)

WJAX/WFOX (CBS/FOX)

WJXX/WTLV (NBC/ABC)

West Palm Beach, FL:

WPBF (ABC)

WPEC (CBS)

WPTV (NBC)

WFLX (FOX)

Daytona Beach, FL:

WESH (NBC)

Savannah, GA:

WTOC (CBS)

WSAV (NBC)

WJCL (ABC)

WTGS (FOX)

Myrtle Beach/Florence, SC:

WMBF (NBC)

WPDE (ABC)

WBTW (CBS)

WFXB (FOX)

Charleston, SC

WCBD (NBC)

WCSC (CBS)

WCIV (MyNet/ABC0

WTAT (FOX)

Wilmington, NC:

WWAY (ABC/CBS)

WECT (NBC)

WSFX (FOX)

My apologies for the long post.

I know WPLG had an anchor over in the Bahamas. It is pretty crazy but we got lucky here in South Florida.

On 9/1/2019 at 4:04 PM, DENDude said:

DirecTV/AT&T have the severe weather channels ready, channels will go live  sometime tonight.   

I don’t know when it went live, but the severe weather channel is up and running. 

5 minutes ago, who?cares said:

I don’t know when it went live, but the severe weather channel is up and running. 

Monday night. It started with WPBF in West Palm and has slowly shifted up the coast at the same rate Dorian has.

From Canada, a special edition of the news on CTV Atlantic with coverage of Hurricane Dorian striking Nova Scotia: