ATSC 3.0 deployment thread

skbl17

10 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Five Buffalo stations adapt to NextGen on March 18, 2021.

Scripps' WKBW (ABC)

Tegna's WGRZ (NBC)

Sinclair's WUTV (Fox)

Sinclair's WNYO (MyNetworkTV)

Nexstar's WIVB (CBS)

It's a lucky for them Maple Leafs if they have a HDHomerun 4K. Easy access to American stations 😎

• 4 months later...

I just received the following message from Jay Nix, Director of Engineering at KSHB & KMCI:

Kansas City is scheduled to launch ATSC 3.0 on Aug 24th. KMCI and Bounce will slide within the transport stream of KSHB. Court Mystery and HSN will be added to the WDAF transport stream. KMCI will then be the ATSC 3.0 station for KSHB, KMCI, WDAF and KCPT. KSMO-62 will be the ATSC 3.0 for KCTV, KSMO, KMBC and KCWE.

It looks like almost every full-power TV station in the Kansas City area, except for KTAJ-TV & KPXE-TV, will be participating in ATSC 3.0 starting on August 24, 2021.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a little bit of an update, including exactly where exactly where the ATSC 1.0 broadcasts of KMCI & KSMO are moving to, about the launch of ATSC 3.0 in the Kansas City area on August 24, 2021. According to KyL416 on the AVS Forum & Jay Nix, Director of Engineering at KSHB-TV & KMCI-TV, the following will be available in ATSC 3.0:
KMCI (RF 25):
4-1 WDAF (FOX)
19-1 KCPT (PBS)
38-1 KMCI
41-1 KSHB (NBC)

KSMO (RF 32):
5-1 KCTV (CBS)
9-1 KMBC (ABC)
29-1 KCWE (CW)
62-1 KSMO (MyNet)

These will be the locations of KSMO's ATSC 1.0 simulcasts:
62.1 MyNetworkTV will be on KCTV's RF 24 signal
62.2 The Grio will be on KMBC's RF 29 signal
62.3 DABL will be on KMBC's RF 29 signal
62.4 Cozi will be on KCWE's RF 31 signal
62.5 Circle will be on KCWE's RF 31 signal

These will be the locations of KMCI's ATSC 1.0 simulcasts:
38.1 KMCI will be on KSHB's RF 36 signal
38.2 Bounce will be on KSHB's RF 36 signal
38.3 CourtTV Mystery will be on WDAF's RF 34 signal
38.4 HSN will be on WDAF's RF 34 signal

Edited by Route66Fan
To add stuff.

We learned today that

KPLR will be the host in St. Louis. KMOV, KTVI, KSDK and KDNL are also on board. Planned distribution of KPLR's subs:

11.1 -> KTVI

11.2 Court TV -> KDNL

11.3 Comet -> KSDK

11.4 Grit -> KMOV

WSTR will be the host in Cincinnati. All of the major network stations will be included. Planned distribution of WSTR's subs:

64.1 -> WLWT

Antenna and Comet -> WKRC

TBD -> WXIX

Dabl -> WCPO

WMYV will host in the Piedmont Triad, where WXII is confirmed on board.

Edited by Samantha
St. Louis information
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Los Angeles became the largest TV market to air an ATSC 3 signal

KTTV (RF 11) is the host station, carrying Fox 11, KCOP 13 & KTLA 5 main channels.

KTTV's ATSC1 simulcast is on KTLA's RF 35 stick, while the subchannels (11.2-4) are on KCOP's RF 13 stick.

Edited by CircleSeven
  • Like 2

On 12/16/2021 at 6:43 PM, CircleSeven said:

Los Angeles became the largest TV market to air an ATSC 3 signal

KTTV (RF 11) is the host station, carrying Fox 11, KCOP 13 & KTLA 5 main channels.

KTTV's ATSC1 simulcast is on KTLA's RF 35 stick, while the subchannels (11.2-4) are on KCOP's RF 13 stick.

A necessary bump to this thread:

People on AVSForum are reporting that both 5.1 and 11.1 on KTLA's signal now looks terrible, to the extent that one viewer complained on Twitter. In addition, 5.1 has been downgraded to 720p. If you're in the LA market and watch Fox/The CW over-the-air, upgrade now.

Houston, Texas got ATSC 3.0 on December 2. The hosts are KIAH and KTXH.

20.1 My 20 Vision --> KRIV

20.2 Movies! --> KXLN

20.3 theGrio --> KFTH

20.4 Buzzr --> KTRK

39.1 CW --> KPRC

39.2 Antenna TV --> KHOU

39.3 Comet --> KUHT

39.4 TBD --> KHOU

39.5 Court TV --> KTMD

I've heard that this is the largest launch of NextGenTV, with 10 total stations taking part.

• 3 weeks later...

In my market, Green Bay, Wisconsin, WCWF 14 will serve as the ATSC 3.0 lighthouse station starting January 25, 2022.

14.1 CW 14 --> WLUK-TV 11 (Fox)

14.2 Comet --> WFRV-TV 5 (CBS)

14.3 Charge! --> WBAY-TV 2 (ABC)

14.4 Stadium --> WACY-TV 32 (MyNetworkTV)

14.5 Dabl --> WACY-TV 32 (MyNetworkTV)

Edited by Justin Hill

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Requiere said:

West Palm Beach is getting ATSC 3.0 on March 8th. Don't really have that much info apart from the host being WWHB Azteca 48 which is kind of surprising for me.

WWHB Azteca 48 already has a translator on WTVX 34.2

Finally. Maybe, it'll be worth it to get a ATSC 3.0 tuner if one of those signals can reach Miami (WWHB won't but maybe some other station) instead of settling for one channel 🤔

Edited by Yankees4life

• 4 months later...

What setup do you guys use for the ATSC 3.0 audio? I have an HDHomeRun 4k but it looks like Plex and even VLC are missing the codec. 

It looks like channels is able to decode it, but I don't really want to pay a subscription service for it when it's not doing anything particularly well for me other than the ATSC audio.

On 7/22/2022 at 6:54 PM, asdu48 said:

What setup do you guys use for the ATSC 3.0 audio? I have an HDHomeRun 4k but it looks like Plex and even VLC are missing the codec. 

It looks like channels is able to decode it, but I don't really want to pay a subscription service for it when it's not doing anything particularly well for me other than the ATSC audio.

Nextpvr can playback those channels. Just need to grab the plugin for that