New set for WGHP

CLT-DCA-ORF-PTI

Set is pretty nice...sort of has an O&O vibe to it.  Graphics are meh, but if WJW ends up with something like this, it would be a (slight) improvement.

It's to be seen if Nexstar will make changes of their own post merger.  but in WJW's case, it may be O&O friendly, especially if they are re-sold back to Fox.

That's a neat inside look at how a set is built. Pretty cool that it's made in NC... and in the furniture capital of the world nonetheless!

That set is a little underwhelming though... reminds me of WVEC's set in 2011. It's a pretty 'safe' design though, so it works.

Given the other sets they've worked on (in particular PVI's) this feels a bit of a disappointment.

The interview set is probably the nicest part of that set, but again, video walls are becoming really old, really fast, and the rest of this doesn't bring anything particularly interesting to the table in that regard.

4 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

Given the other sets they've worked on (in particular PVI's) this feels a bit of a disappointment.

The interview set is probably the nicest part of that set, but again, video walls are becoming really old, really fast, and the rest of this doesn't bring anything particularly interesting to the table in that regard.

They did KDVR's set:

NCS_kdvr_0025.jpg

NCS_kdvr_0026.jpg

KDVR Denver new set studio

On 8/14/2019 at 3:41 AM, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

I LOVE the graphics package.  This is what Tribune should've rolled out ( with varied differences between CBS/NBC/Fox/ABC)... This by far is my favorite package from Tribune

I'd love to see KFOR get that, not that I don't like the current look but that WGN package looks awesome tbh

1 hour ago, atlnewsfan03 said:

New WGHP set looks nice.  It'll be interesting to see whether new WJW set will be by the same designers that did WGN, KDVR, and WGHP sets.

I believe it will be the same for WJW.  

Sorry to be against the tide … but I kinda like the new slogan.  It's different.

As for the graphics, they look like Nexstar WISH/WHTM package (L3's swipe transition) meets FOX News Channel.  I'm sure the FOX News fans won't even see the difference.

Oh, and what is the name for the new music package they have?

Thanks.

-- Matt

1 hour ago, susquvalleywgal said:

Sorry to be against the tide … but I kinda like the new slogan.  It's different.

As for the graphics, they look like Nexstar WISH/WHTM package (L3's swipe transition) meets FOX News Channel.  I'm sure the FOX News fans won't even see the difference.

Oh, and what is the name for the new music package they have?

Thanks.

-- Matt

Beyond by SAM.

Archived