Possible New Set for WKBN

NEOMatrix

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/26/2019 at 10:28 PM, Sendir said:

Looks they also changed from WSI/IBM to Baron. 

Definitely Baron, I can tell by the gray remote.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, tjt24 said:

Beat me to it lol. But it does look like a really nice set, especially compared to the virtual set they had before...

I didn't mind their virtual set. It could have been slightly better, but I liked several of the elements like the virtual mapping on the anchor desk.

Also, I am not pleased that they are dropping Impact V.6 for CBS Local and the CBS graphics pack. This is just so meh.

40 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Also, I am not pleased that they are dropping Impact V.6 for CBS Local and the CBS graphics pack. This is just so meh.

Is that confirmed? Or is that just what Nexstar does with this graphics package?

If so, I'm actually glad they're dropping Impact. They use it entirely too much. They used it for 15 years prior to getting the jcbD graphics, and it got annoying and I was finally glad to see it go. Then they brought it back with the virtual set, and I didn't mind it at first, but now its getting annoying again. I have no idea why they love Impact so much. This is all just my opinion. I really like Impact, don't get me wrong. Its just over used on WKBN. 

Although the package they're replacing it with isn't all that good. I do like hearing it on WOIO, however. 

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Also, I am not pleased that they are dropping Impact V.6 for CBS Local and the CBS graphics pack. This is just so meh

How do we know it's going to be CBS Local? Not all Nexstar CBS stations using the CBS package use CBS Local. For all we know, WKBN could use Guardian, Inergy, or hell, even Extreme (like WOWK).

1 hour ago, tjt24 said:

Is that confirmed? Or is that just what Nexstar does with this graphics package?

If so, I'm actually glad they're dropping Impact. They use it entirely too much. They used it for 15 years prior to getting the jcbD graphics, and it got annoying and I was finally glad to see it go. Then they brought it back with the virtual set, and I didn't mind it at first, but now its getting annoying again. I have no idea why they love Impact so much. This is all just my opinion. I really like Impact, don't get me wrong. Its just over used on WKBN. 

Although the package they're replacing it with isn't all that good. I do like hearing it on WOIO, however. 

25 minutes ago, NEOMatrix said:

How do we know it's going to be CBS Local? Not all Nexstar CBS stations using the CBS package use CBS Local. For all we know, WKBN could use Guardian, Inergy, or hell, even Extreme (like WOWK).

No. Just my suspicions with Nexstar's contract with SAM and the emphasis of CBS.

1 hour ago, news89 said:

Wkbn has the standard Nexstar set without the delka desk.  For the first ever the weather center is in the studio.  WKBN has commissioned version7 of Impact.

https://www.wkbn.com/news/local-news/wkbn-debuting-new-studio-during-5-p-m-news/

Could that have been ANY more dramatic? It's so silly when stations go into the big long historical spiel about being part of the community, serving the viewers, and whatever else cliches when they get some new walls.

Rant aside, it's a fresh look and pleasantly bright. A lot of studios seem dark nowadays.

13 minutes ago, RGSJenkins said:

I was gonna do something big for my 1K post, but I'll post this instead.

6pm Open: (I don't like how they cut off the theme.)

Close: 

I'll have to hear more-but so far, I'm liking Impact v7. It has a nice sound to it. Reminds me a lot of v4.

Did anyone notice their new handheld teleprompter operator? IT'S MASSIVE!! It looks like those TV remotes they make with giant buttons for old people who can't see. Is that really necessary?

Other than that-it's a nice upgrade.

1 hour ago, RGSJenkins said:

I was gonna do something big for my 1K post, but I'll post this instead.

6pm Open: (I don't like how they cut off the theme.)

Close: 

V7 … sounds MAJESTIC!!!  I wish abc27 would get that theme.  Seriously.  Well done.

And the set is very nice too.  Major step up for WKBN.  Well done.

-- Matt

Yes 

Is....is that Impact V7??  Commissioned by a DMA 125 station???

They did commished version 7 of Impact. I know KSBY commished Tower V6.

5 minutes ago, susquvalleywgal said:

V7 … sounds MAJESTIC!!!  I wish abc27 would get that theme.  Seriously.  Well done.

And the set is very nice too.  Major step up for WKBN.  Well done.

-- Matt

Yes it does. I was stunned when I was reading about it this afternoon on wkbn.com about they commished updated music. This is a major upgrade to Newswatch27.

Archived