Possible New Set for WKBN

NEOMatrix

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, effseesee said:

Are they abandoning the green screen already?  

Yep. Morning anchor Chelsea Spears confirmed that the current set will be completely torn down. 

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Image result for celebrating gif

Now they'll probably go all-in with the CBS package.  It's already halfway there.

That would be my guess. It'd be ridiculous to actually keep the current package they have when they have half of the other one. 

BTW, the set will debut sometime in October.

41 minutes ago, TennTV1983 said:

The hybrid virtual/hard set they had was an interesting but weird concept to begin with.

This won't be missed at all.

Absolutely agree. I never liked this set, and I'm so glad to see it go! 

40 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Ugh. Also, goodbye Impact V.6, sadly.

Yeah.

Also, I'm genuinely curious: why does it seem like there's been a huge surge in the use of Stephen Arnold packages lately, particularly at Nexstar?

12 minutes ago, skbl17 said:

Yeah.

Also, I'm genuinely curious: why does it seem like there's been a huge surge in the use of Stephen Arnold packages lately, particularly at Nexstar?

Nexstar has had a very good relationship with SAM for years. That and most of the new stuff Warner Chappell has been churning out lately sound rather similar to each other outside of the signature notes.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:06 PM, TennTV1983 said:

Nexstar has had a very good relationship with SAM for years. That and most of the new stuff Warner Chappell has been churning out lately sound rather similar to each other outside of the signature notes.

Given WKBN is a CBS Affiliate most likely CBS Local or another package from SAM followed by the Nexstar-CBS graphics (I could be wrong about this). now for the set it will probably be proper like most Nexstar stations out there, the chroma set was a good experiment tbh.

1 hour ago, Darius22 said:

Given WKBN is a CBS Affiliate most likely CBS Local or another package from SAM followed by the Nexstar-CBS graphics (I could be wrong about this). now for the set it will probably be proper like most Nexstar stations out there, the chroma set was a good experiment tbh.

That would be my guess. I like CBS Local, so I wouldn't mind hearing it on WKBN. 

Now one has to wonder if WYTV will get the Nexstar ABC package.

On 8/8/2019 at 11:06 PM, TennTV1983 said:

WCPM hasn't been putting out much and the stuff that they sell is all composed by Tom Snider. No one else is really working on new music.

9 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Also, this is what WKBN is currently using. I can't think of a good reason to use this junk.

That open is beyond disgusting. I don't even know where to begin. Who tf would think this is good quality and put it on the air? And how does anyone on WKBN's creative services team have a job if THAT is what they churn out?? Rant over lol.

11 hours ago, news89 said:

Might as well add WYTV to the mix as well. They are on a temporary set.

33 Daybreak Facebook live

Screenshot_20190815-093424_Facebook.jpg

Hate to go a little off topic ...

But the guy on the left … looks like a mixture of George Stephanopoulos and Sam Donaldson.  Corporate should grab him quick for GMA.  LOL. jk

-- Matt

1 hour ago, susquvalleywgal said:

Hate to go a little off topic ...

But the guy on the left … looks like a mixture of George Stephanopoulos and Sam Donaldson.  Corporate should grab him quick for GMA.  LOL. jk

-- Matt

That's Len Rome. He's been at WYTV for decades. 

Well, we now know how much WKBN's news director wants the virtual set killed to death...

Story from FTVLIVE

As for his prior remarks about how great it was, I'm sure his Lin/MG bosses were breathing down his neck......now that Nexstar runs the show, that's ancient history.. 

And apparently, WYTV is just getting a robotic camera upgrade...

On 8/15/2019 at 8:57 PM, tjt24 said:

That's Len Rome. He's been at WYTV for decades. 

He may as well be WYTV.   The same could be said about Stan Boney until WKBN "poached" him a few years back... Very easy to do since both stations are under one roof!

25 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

He may as well be WYTV.   The same could be said about Stan Boney until WKBN "poached" him a few years back... Very easy to do since both stations are under one roof!

I really wished Stan would've stayed at WYTV and they would have actually got two anchors to do the news so Stan could have just done the weather. 

Archived