News 12 Plus replacing News12 Traffic and Weather

RealNews18

Starting tomorrow “News12plus” will replace “News12 Traffic and Weather” on channel 61.. they are teasing it on Instagram and social media.. I checked the channel guide and I see “News 12 Morning Show” listed and “Elizabeth and Elisa” listed in addition to the Traffic and Weather updates.. can’t find anything else on it.

Edit: the promo is only in the “News12” instagram.. take a look

The promo:

Weather and traffic (separate zones) will remain but paid programming will be on from Midnight to 5am, "News 12 Morning Show" (probably simulcast the local News 12 feed) will air from 5-6am and 8-9am, and "Elizabeth and Elisa" airs 8-8:30pm and 10-10:30pm.

On 7/31/2019 at 10:19 PM, TSSZNews said:

That's an...interesting logo.

Hope it doesn't end up on the main 12.

I don’t think it will.. I am surprised though that the news 12 logo hasn’t been altered at all though.. I always thought the red and blue stripe around the 12 was to coincide with the old optimum logo... 

5 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Traffic and Weather updates? That's what News 12 Traffic and Weather was.

Sorry if the question was not clear.
What I'm asking is, did News 12 Traffic and Weather show infomercials 12am-5am before the rebranding as News12+ or is this something new?

2 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

Sorry if the question was not clear.
What I'm asking is, did News 12 Traffic and Weather show infomercials 12am-5am before the rebranding as News12+ or is this something new?

Oh... okay.

I think its new considering News 12 Traffic and Weather was a 24/7 channel with automation during the overnight hours.

It was always Traffic and Weather 24/7. It used to be called Metro Traffic and Weather prior to its acquisition by News 12. Honestly they should’ve keep the traffic and weather overnights instead of boring informercials.. 

It’s in the past few months that overnight airs infomercials.. I believe they did it when Altice took over as part of cuts.. they used to have their own team who would fill in on the various news 12s when needed.. now whatever meteorologist is on News12 does the voice over on T&W for their region.. Channel 61 is no longer unique like it once was.. hoping this format change helps them 

On 8/3/2019 at 3:22 AM, IceManNYR said:

The program guide News 12+ shows infomercials 12am-5am.

were they doing that before the change?

Before Alice bought Optimum, Cablevision back in 2013, laid off the entire on-air traffic team and switched to automated messages. 

http://tunedinnyc.com/2013/11/18/cablevisions-traffic-and-weather-makes-major-overhaul/

They would later simulcast select games from their high school sports network, News 12 Varsity and switched to infomercials overnight soon after Altice took over. 

On 8/6/2019 at 1:19 AM, Pinevision said:

Basically more of the same canned national news stories that have nothing to do with Long Island. No thanks. News 12 WAS a major selling point for Optimum, but not anymore.

I have to agree with you pinepowerli.Its ridiculous where you have a local station who’s focus is to report on news on li but instead they rather spend 1 minute on it.

Archived