2019 NFL Season

Georgie56

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So last month TSN had a rather strange graphics glitch during one of their CFL games. In particular, they actually had on-field down/distance graphics.

However, TSN doesn't use on-field downage graphics. Plus, they had NFL team logos on them!

Given the quality of that graphic, it feels like one of TSN's trucks had errant graphics from an NFL preseason broadcast in its system (the Rams did play the Raiders, but I checked highlights from both teams, and their graphics didn't match up);.

Perhaps this may be the reason why TSN doesn't use them. (CFL has a lot of on-field advertising)

• 2 months later...

Programming Note Regarding The Week 16 NFL Network Tripleheader

Texas at Buccaneers will air locally on KRIV* (FOX) in Houston & WMOR (Ind) in Tampa

*Fox College Basketball, including Texas at Providence, will air on KTXH

Bills at Patriots will air locally on WKBW* (ABC) in Buffalo & WBZ** (CBS) in Boston

*The Boca Raton Bowl will air on the ESPN App

*CBS College Basketball will air on WSBK

Rams at 49ers will air locally on KCBS* (CBS) in Los Angeles & KNTV** (NBC) in San Francisco

*CBS Programming will air on KCAL

**NBC Programming will not be seen

• 1 month later...

Super Bowl this weekend.

Honestly, I'm not sure if Fox is going to do any overhauls this year, given they chickened out at Super Bowl LI, the current package is dull but aged well, and if they do have something new, I bet you it's probably going to be a refresh akin to what they had been using in-studio.

4 hours ago, Viper550 said:

Super Bowl this weekend.

Honestly, I'm not sure if Fox is going to do any overhauls this year, given they chickened out at Super Bowl LI, the current package is dull but aged well, and if they do have something new, I bet you it's probably going to be a refresh akin to what they had been using in-studio.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I don't think Fox has ever done anything entirely new for a Super Bowl. They always reserve all their new graphics for the start of an NFL season (and one time in 2014 the start of NASCAR season as a total surprise).

I was watching FS1's coverage of Super Bowl Opening Night last night and they used a special green graphics package (which I suspect will be used on Sunday) along with the normal inserts. 

This will be Fox's first (and only) SB with their current look.

3 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Well, that's a shocker. Hopefully they learned their lesson from Super Bowl LI.

I still can't believe they approved that look, loaded it up in their truck, used it through out the entire pregame show, then for some reason changed their mind before kickoff, whipped up some low budget knockoff scorebug and phased out the new inserts for the old ones as the first half progressed. The fact that any of it made air is pretty remarkable.

Archived