2019 NFL Season

Georgie56

TSN's simulcasting the Raiders/Packers preseason tilt in Winnipeg, taking the Raiders/NBC Bay Area network feed. I do believe this is the first time 2008 (which had Citytv added to the team's preseason network due to the game at Rogers Centre the SkyDome) that a local preseason broadcast has been picked up by one of our national sports networks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As expected, Monday Night Football will debut a new look and evolved shield logo for their week 1 doubleheader. For the first time, ESPN's NFL properties will be under one graphics package, based off this year's NFL Draft look. Expect a lot of black and white...and venom?

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2019/09/04/espn-nfl-new-graphics/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebookpost

2 hours ago, 24994J said:

As expected, Monday Night Football will debut a new look and evolved shield logo for their week 1 doubleheader. For the first time, ESPN's NFL properties will be under one graphics package, based off this year's NFL Draft look. Expect a lot of black and white...and venom?

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2019/09/04/espn-nfl-new-graphics/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebookpost

The show logos seem nice. The jury is still out on the black, white, and lime green/yellow of the venom package.

6 hours ago, Viper550 said:

On a side note, NFLN's new Conference USA package is here, and the old silver Thursday Night Football graphics just won't die.

I wish NFL Network and NBC would have agreed to a deal to permanently give 2016-2017 TNF graphics to NFLN for live game coverage. Those graphics were too good to get used for what, like 15 games ever?

New for Fox's studio shows this year: a brand new desk in both studios, new flat-design on full-screen intros and full-screen graphics to match the flat design of Fox's main graphics, and a minor redesign of the headline lower thirds to add a bit of character to what was just a flat black bar for the past two seasons.

There seems to be a new diagonal line motif that's being used on the new graphics and the desk design.

20190908_110608.jpg

20190908_110521.jpg

20190908_110356_HDR.jpg

20190908_105809.jpg

2 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Fox has always debuted a new desk of some kind on Super Bowl years.

The old studio desk resembled their 2010-2014 graphics, so it was time for a change.

Yeah, but usually only a new traveling desk that's actually used at the Super Bowl itself. This is only their 3rd new studio desk of this century: 2003, 2012, 2019. (Well, it's their 4th if you count the way that they expanded their 2003 desk in 2008 when Strahan joined. It was the same exact desk design, just made longer to accommodate the added analyst position.)

I'm not about to say I love it, but I'm glad they blew it all up, and redesigned. The green will be the major gripe, but I actually don't mind it. While the scoreboard maintains the same template, I'm thrilled they cleaned up the mess of italics from the last few years. The fonts are a bit messy, but I can live with them. My biggest complaint is rhe use of that awful wide font to display the score, so poorly proportioned. That should be reserved for special graphics and the show logo, only.

I still like it more than CBS.

I'm just disappointed that they took the lazy way out on the scoreboard by doing simply another tweak to the design they've been using for the past 4 seasons. This is better, like you said, without the italics. The font being used for the score and for the down and distance looks so out of place.

CBS lost the feed of the Chiefs-Jaguars game Sunday due to a "power outage" that affected half the stadium. CBS originally said they were going to switch viewers to a more competitive game, implying the KC-JAX game was too boring. Then, SEVERAL minutes later, they said their truck took a "power hit" and they were working to get it back, while showing other games and updating (I use that word loosely) fans on the status of the KC-JAX game. There was never, to my knowledge, an official explanation of what happened nor an apology.

55 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

CBS lost the feed of the Chiefs-Jaguars game Sunday due to a "power outage" that affected half the stadium. CBS originally said they were going to switch viewers to a more competitive game, implying the KC-JAX game was too boring. Then, SEVERAL minutes later, they said their truck took a "power hit" and they were working to get it back, while showing other games and updating (I use that word loosely) fans on the status of the KC-JAX game. There was never, to my knowledge, an official explanation of what happened nor an apology.

CBS probably would have switched viewers to a more competitive game anyway not because it was boring but, it was because that by the time the production truck took a power hit it was probably a noncompetitive game.

But even so, CBS should have at least came out with an apology for that technical mishap.

55 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

That was fast.

For those who want more context: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/09/espn-mnf-yellow-scoreboard-down-distance-graphic-fans-reaction-twitter

I'm impressed by the speed!

I don't love how huge the graphics are (they're for easy viewing at bars, right?) but I do really like the design.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:35 PM, 24994J said:

Forget sets, graphics, or even the play on the field.

The only big thing that really matters. All is right with the world.

NBC throwing it back, and MNF removing the unnecessary side performers and rap breaks.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:50 PM, Spring Rubber said:

A few more screens from the halftime studio show...

20190908_134459_HDR.jpg

20190908_134514.jpg

20190908_134532.jpg

20190908_134557.jpg

20190908_134329_HDR.jpg

20190908_134332.jpg

20190908_134424_HDR.jpg

Can I ask you something? After a decade, Am I, An incredibly DEVASTATED Dol-Fan, the only person who Still misses Jillian Barberie the Fox pregame show like crazy?

Archived