Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
DENDude

KSTU Tribune Graphics.

Recommended Posts

The new graphics have debuted... and KTXL has adopted the WDAF package:

 

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not looking forward to seeing this on KSWB, if this is being rolled out everywhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And given that the Lighthouse will acquire KSTU. So I wouldn't be all that surprised if these new graphics on KSTU would be short-lived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

And given that the Lighthouse will acquire KSTU. So I wouldn't be all that surprised if these new graphics on KSTU would be short-lived.

I imagine KSTU (and the other Fox stations Scripps is acquiring) will probably get a Fox version of whatever graphics package Scripps decides to go with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh... to be one of you that hasn’t experienced a change in ownership... 

 

it might take YEARS for the ex-Trib stations to be fully homogenized by their new owners... there is a lot more important gear that needs to be swapped out first... master control automation and newsroom systems come to mind... a lot of tribune’s in-house systems will need to go... to say nothing of networking/IT infra...

 

graphics are going to be low priority... Trib is on Viz, and viz hardware can last a while...Scripps still hasn’t replaced the Journal gfx on KGUN... it’s closing in on five years...

 

i predict these graphics will be around until late 2021 at the earliest... 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not get the hate for the WDAF graphics - I think they’re amazing and among the most modern looks on US local TV right now. They’re what the TEGNA look should be and that was made by a top agency!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Webovision said:

oh... to be one of you that hasn’t experienced a change in ownership... 

 

it might take YEARS for the ex-Trib stations to be fully homogenized by their new owners... there is a lot more important gear that needs to be swapped out first... master control automation and newsroom systems come to mind... a lot of tribune’s in-house systems will need to go... to say nothing of networking/IT infra...

 

graphics are going to be low priority... Trib is on Viz, and viz hardware can last a while...Scripps still hasn’t replaced the Journal gfx on KGUN... it’s closing in on five years...

 

i predict these graphics will be around until late 2021 at the earliest... 

In everyone else's defense, some groups like Tegna and Gray were quick to bring new graphics to the ex-Raycom stations. Although, I think that some stations like WOIO were planning new graphics since the Raycom era and Gray approved the funding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, T.L. Hughes said:

The new graphics have debuted... and KTXL has adopted the WDAF package:

 

 

I perhaps may be the only person on this forum that loves the Rockwall font.  LOL.  

 

I hope FOX43 gets this package here.  

 

-- Matt

Edited by susquvalleywgal
Spelling
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

 

I perhaps may be the only person on this forum that loves the Rockwall font.  LOL.  

 

I hope FOX43 gets this package here.  

 

-- Matt

I second that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Info Junkie said:

I second that!

 

8 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

 

I perhaps may be the only person on this forum that loves the Rockwall font.  LOL.  

 

I hope FOX43 gets this package here.  

 

-- Matt

If I were WPMT I would wait until the sale to Tegna closes (in addition to the overall Nexstar-Tribune deal) before thinking about getting a new graphics, I wouldn't do it right now because you won't have the Tribune package for long in general.

 

I think out of all of the Nexstar-Tribune rejects that are going to other groups, I'd say the stations going to Tegna will get the Tegna package faster than the ones going to Scripps, so thus the KSTU package may last awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Webovision said:

oh... to be one of you that hasn’t experienced a change in ownership... 

 

it might take YEARS for the ex-Trib stations to be fully homogenized by their new owners... there is a lot more important gear that needs to be swapped out first... master control automation and newsroom systems come to mind... a lot of tribune’s in-house systems will need to go... to say nothing of networking/IT infra...

 

graphics are going to be low priority... Trib is on Viz, and viz hardware can last a while...Scripps still hasn’t replaced the Journal gfx on KGUN... it’s closing in on five years...

 

i predict these graphics will be around until late 2021 at the earliest... 

For some reason, KFMB comes to mind.. .they switched rather quickly, both website and graphics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Info Junkie said:

Any-hoo, what Tribune/Nexstar/Tegna/Scripps station is next for a graphics change?

 

WPRI hasn't gotten new anything since they went HD eight years and two owners ago. They're due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

 

WPRI hasn't gotten new anything since they went HD eight years and two owners ago. They're due.

I was specifically talking about Tribune itself, the other owners was the names of the guys acquiring Tribune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Info Junkie said:

I was specifically talking about Tribune itself, the other owners was the names of the guys acquiring Tribune.

 

In that case, I'll go WTIC. They can use a little refresh to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

 

In that case, I'll go WTIC. They can use a little refresh to be honest.

 

Isn't that set they're in right now three years old? And their graphics are more recent?

 

Edited by CircleSeven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scrabbleship said:

 

WPRI hasn't gotten new anything since they went HD eight years and two owners ago. They're due.

 

That's 2011 and LIN Television, in which WPRI was the flagship by the way.

 

Also, graphics are due for one too as they've been the same, sans minor refreshes here and there. Hopefully, not the Nexstar CBS one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 8:15 AM, NEOMatrix said:

In everyone else's defense, some groups like Tegna and Gray were quick to bring new graphics to the ex-Raycom stations. Although, I think that some stations like WOIO were planning new graphics since the Raycom era and Gray approved the funding.

 

WOIO desperately needed a major refresh, more like a reboot, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

 

WPRI hasn't gotten new anything since they went HD eight years and two owners ago. They're due.

 

Well, the theme of their graphics has been the same since then (3D glass cityscape of Providence + blue/red color scheme), but their current iteration is technically a different graphics package from the original Renderon-designed look.

 

Original:

https://vimeo.com/15641672

 

Current:

https://vimeo.com/172253765

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

Any-hoo, what Tribune/Nexstar/Tegna/Scripps station is next for a graphics change?

See my message above but I'll mention it again.

 

It'll be the Tribune and Nexstar stations that are being sold to Tegna that will be in for a graphics change (everybody else won't see a graphics change for awhile)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 12:20 PM, kfc513 said:

 

Well, the theme of their graphics has been the same since then (3D glass cityscape of Providence + blue/red color scheme), but their current iteration is technically a different graphics package from the original Renderon-designed look.

 

Original:

https://vimeo.com/15641672

 

Current:

https://vimeo.com/172253765

 

I went down a WPRI rabbit hole a while and I noticed this. Like any long lasting package, the updates have made it look a bit more cheap with time. It hasn't gotten as bad as other nearby stations have (early 2000's WFSB and late 2000's WTEN come to mind).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.